Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- Will cover the Los Gatos, San Jose, and Santa Rosa clinics.
- Position can be located at Los Gatos or San Jose, will travel to Santa Rosa once or twice a month.
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
General and Staff Related:
- Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to direct patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation. Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to Clinical Manager and initiate as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all company and facility approved procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies in clinics with more than 100 patients.
- Approve or disapprove time or personnel schedule changes in the absence on the Clinical Manager ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures for documenting time of work hours for staff members on assigned shift.
- Participate in patient care plan meetings.
- Maintain knowledge in the current practices related to the principles and techniques of dialysis by participating in all scheduled in-services.
- Train and orient staff as necessary.
- Routinely observe and guide direct patient care staff for appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and procedures.
- Promote and assist with compliance to OSHA programs in order to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective matter.
- With Clinical Manager conduct staff meetings at least monthly or as needed to keep patient care staff informed of changes in patient care needs or operations to improve delivery of care.
- Meet routinely with the Clinical Manager to discuss personnel and patient care status, issues, and information.
- Supervise all documentation of patient information.
- Coordinate Charge Nurse duties with Staff RNs acting in the relief charge capacity.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments appropriately.
- Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation.
- Asses patient needs, respond to dialysis treatments, and communicate concerns to rounding physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as directed.
- Monitor and supervise all patient care activity during dialysis and assist as necessary.
- Collaborate with direct patient care team in making decisions to benefit patient care.
- Continuously monitor patient’s condition with regards to problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physician’s orders.
- Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff members.
- Supervise and participate in completion of short and long term care plans.
- Admit new patients according to facility procedure.
- Ensure educational needs of patients are met and educate the patient and family about End Stage Renal Disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medication.
- Supervise the safe and effective use of all equipment involved in direct patient care.
- Operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and efficiently when needed.
- Perform required testing and verification and initial the checklist for start-up and shut-down procedures as outlined in the Technical Services Manual.
- Complete Nurse’s Technical Training Program/Water Quality Facility Training.
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager
- Assist with the interviewing of potential direct patient care staff as requested.
- Promote efficient use of medical supplies.
- Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assurance meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (R.N.)
- Must be registered and licensed to practice in the applicable State.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 9 months of nursing experience, plus 3 months of specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
- Medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR certification.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs