Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. The FKC master social worker (MSW) is expected to assist patients in achieving their psychosocial goals and supports the delivery of excellent behavioral health care to patients by providing direction, guidance and support to facility master social workers in an assigned area. Acts as a resource and subject matter expert to collaborate with facility MSW and other members of the quality team and assist local facilities in the improvement of patient clinical and quality health outcomes.
Serves as a subject matter expert for psychosocial matters when collaborating with other MSWs and members of the Area Quality Team. Identifies clinical quality improvement opportunities in the assigned area to achieve CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS quality program requirements.
Manages the tactical execution of Quality and Social Work initiatives, interventions and standardized supportive counseling and education materials with facility MSWs within the assigned area.
Provides general direction, social work guidance related to appropriate theoretical perspectives and feedback based upon professional standards and FMCNA guidelines to support facility MSWs within the assigned area in achieving the desired outcomes in the following: quality, patient satisfaction, teamwork, unit culture, and employee satisfaction.
Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
Manages the staffing of Social Work Services to ensure master social workers coverage. Responsible for enlisting master social workers coverage at dialysis facilities within the assigned area during times of master social workers leave of absences, vacations, census increases and vacancies.
Manages orientation and training of all new master social workers within the assigned area with the assistance of Clinical Educators, Regional MSW Manager, facility master social work and other disciplines. Provides communication and ongoing training required for existing facility social work to enhance clinical competencies and meet policies and procedures individually and/or through area meetings.
Attends and participates in regional, area, facility and team meetings as appropriate which may include quality team building and staff development and other meetings as appropriate. Collaborates with appropriate management staff as needed to achieve effective inter-disciplinary, intra-disciplinary and clinic relationships.
Monitors and audits Social Work Progress Notes, Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments, Plans of Care, and other documentation to meet CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS policies.
Ensures all master social workers within assign area have current licensure and maintain continuing education hours as specified by the Association Social Work Board and state licensure regulations where applicable. Maintains and improves knowledge and skills for a competent and innovative practice.
- Regularly monitors registration and licensure status of direct reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of facility master social workers within the assigned area
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Masters in Social Work required
- State Specific Licensure required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2-3 years dialysis experience required
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Licensure to provide therapeutic counseling and supervision, preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision making.
- Maintains professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team, motivate other team members, and gain support and input from team members in an unstructured environment.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs