Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Manage, organize and control the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of Health Information Exchange (HIE) Integration programs and projects in accordance with the established Information Systems goals for Fresenius Medical Care North America. Lead multiple HIE Integration projects and oversee suppliers, developers and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. Provide leadership to continuously improve the HIE Integration function by encouraging process improvement, implementation of best practices where appropriate and employee training.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing the HIE Integrations activities and functions for internal and external FMCNA customers. The HIE Integrations functions include:
- Development of HIE technical staff
- HIE product administration, maintenance and upgrades
- Development of HIE processes for interfaces, data transport, and conversions
- Performance tuning of HIE tools and processing
- Vendor relationships and evaluations
- IT related technical analysis functions
- Ensuring all design and development methodologies and implementations conform to industry standards
- Managing and providing appropriate leadership and technical support to staff through delegation, support and evaluation to meet overall business objectives.
- Review HIE Integrations project requests, coordinate schedules, related department activities and resource requirements. Work with other FMCNA management to assess and determine business priorities.
- Review, recommend and justify the selection of new products and services.
- Develop long range plans to provide appropriate use of technology in support of business requirements.
- Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, firing, and disciplinary action for department staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Integrations Analysis staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Bachelors degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent experience or related field required.
Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in Information Systems with proven track record in hands-on management of complex IT projects and leadership of technical staff.
- Minimum 3 years in supervisory position in large organization.
- Hands-on experience with Mirth Connect or similar multi-protocol healthcare data integrations engine.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience managing a high-volume, real-time integrations.
- Minimum 2 years experience building and supporting HL7 and XML healthcare integrations exchanges.
- Minimum 3 years experience with application development and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of national Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and writing skills.
- Proven management and business skills.
- Proven knowledge of data mapping and conversion tools, processes and practices.
- Proven leadership, organizational and planning skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs