Registered Dietitians at Fresenius Medical Care build trusting relationships with patients and their families. That trust paves the way for dietary education and planning that directly affects patients’ quality of life. Responsibilities include completing patient assessments, creating patient-specific nutritional plans, and providing ongoing nutritional support. All this is done in a multi-disciplinary environment where information from both patients and co-workers contribute to success. Qualified candidates are excellent listeners with a current RD license and prior clinical dietitian experience.
- Job Level: Mid-level
- Travel: Minimal
- Glassdoor: 66%
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Trustworthy 9
- Facilitator 9
- Persuasive 8
- Good Listener 8
- Patient 7
- Relationship expertise
Lori K., Registered DietitianWe are partnering with them for their care, and we have to work with them to make sure that they get the best care possible.
A day in the life of an FMCNA dialysis clinic
Employee support, enthusiasm and engagement at FMCNA
Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare FSA Dependent Care FSA Short- and Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
Employee Pride Valued Team Members Motivation for Excellence Respect & Dignity Openness & Trust
Adoption Assistance Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Available Openings 1
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Provides general direction, guidance and feedback based upon professional standards and FMCNA guidelines to support dietitians within the assigned area in achieving the desired outcomes in the following: quality, patient satisfaction, teamwork, unit culture, and employee satisfaction.
- Provides communication and training required for facility dietitians to meet clinical competencies, policies and procedures individually and/or through regional/area meetings. Facilitates implementation of FMCNA continuing education training opportunities to enhance the practice of all dietitians.
- Coordinates orientation and training of all new dietitians within the assigned region/area with the assistance of Education Coordinators, Clinical Managers, facility dietitians, and other disciplines.
- Monitors achievement of FMS quality outcomes within the assigned region/area and facilitates the development of quality assessment and performance improvement projects pertaining to nutrition to achieve standards identified in CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS quality program requirements
- Attends and participates in regional and team meetings as appropriate which may include: quality team building and staff development and other meetings as appropriate. Collaborates with appropriate regional management staff as needed to achieve effective inter-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary relationships.
- Collaborates with Corporate Dietitian, Nutrition Services Advisory Board and other Lead Dietitians to target projects, design interventions and develop standardized nutrition counseling tools and education materials.
- Coordinates standardization of nutrition documentation (monthly nutrition notes and other appropriate documentation to meet CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS policies).
- Works with regional management to ensure dietitian coverage assuming responsibility for enlisting dietitian coverage at dialysis facilities within the assigned region/area during times of dietitian leave of absences, vacations, census increases and vacancies.
- Collaborates in the staffing of nutrition services. Provides input for staff RD’s formal performance evaluations, and provides information feedback to the dietitian throughout the year.
- Consult with FMS Corporate Dietitian as needed regarding nutrition services concerns.
- Other duties pertaining to nutrition services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. Employee may be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Current state licensure, if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-3 years dialysis experience.
- Certification as Renal Nutrition Specialist (CSR) preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision-making.
- Maintains professional demeanor and presentation.
- Ability to work independently taking the initiative to develop projects, motivate other team members, and gain support and input from team members in an unstructured environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.