Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
The Support Technician provides in-depth support to diverse customer telephone inquiries of applicable devices within the assigned function(s). The incumbent communicates broad operational and technical support to diverse audiences to effectively resolve problems on an ongoing basis. In this capacity, the Support Technician provides outstanding customer service through effective and timely communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Address and resolve complex operational and/or technical issues by providing effective customer service of applicable devices within the assigned function(s).
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity throughout the documentation process of all customer contacts in applicable systems.
- Maintain various confidential patient and/or health information in compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable devices and/or troubleshooting techniques to continually provide effective customer service in a clear and concise manner; demonstrating broad knowledge and sound judgment in the resolution of diverse operational and/or technical issues.
- May be required to have familiarity on the effective management of diverse testing/and or calibration tools within the assigned function(s).
- Provide backup support for diverse positions within the assigned function(s) as required.
- Act as a technical resource for cross-divisional teams and/or internal customers.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and/or external customers through effective understanding and interpretation of established company policies and procedures during all customer interactions.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available for inclusion in a rotating 24-hour call coverage schedule.
- Must be available to work overtime as required.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Travel may be required.
High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service, call center or clinical environment required; dialysis equipment experience preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Possess logical and critical thinking skills to effectively resolve diverse problems in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Excellent customer service skills to productively handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism, discretion and tact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and/or all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs