Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Staff UX Researcher / Designer champions the end user’s experience and needs relative to FMCNA NxStage’s portfolio of technology enabled service offerings. This includes the NxStage System One cycler and the Nx2Me Connected Health platform. He/she/they will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing for FMCNA NxStage’s digital presences. This includes identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow journey mapping, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. The UX Staff Designer will participate in the creation of user experience standards, system usability style guidelines & standards, UI template guidelines and the processes to create deliverables on time and of high quality. The UX Staff Designer will also ensure all digital user experience designs for the projects they facilitate supports the achievement of business objectives. A successful UX Researcher / Designer must be able to work independently, thoroughly learn/operate the system, and collaborate with cross functional teams and with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute and own creative deliverables, including UX libraries and style guides
- Support dynamic, fast paced design teams
- Deliver designs on-time to facilitate feedback
- Track and document design iterations as part of medical device development processes
- Work with product teams to design technology enabled offerings and/or provide recommendations for improvement
- Lead and create exceptional user experiences by defining the approach and high-level solutions for new and/or changes to existing user experience interfaces
- Develop graphic designs to test proposed look & feel initiatives, including designing workflows, interactions and interfaces with varying levels of fidelity to communicate with internal and external users/stakeholders
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
- Create appropriate deliverables including personas, journey maps, prototypes, etc.
- Conduct primary research, both online and in the field to capture user’s stated and latent needs
- Shadow users (patients, clinicians, physicians) during their normal work activities to understand user context and system interactions
- Participate in usability tests and synthesize research findings to support product outcomes
- Serve as a member of the human factors/usability team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based user experience knowledge.
- Help evangelize user centric design philosophy via project interactions with stakeholders and conduct UX training of internal customers as applicable
- Create and foster great working relationships in and out of the creative team.
- Be a voice of our users across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Computer Graphics, Psychology or related study.
Certification in Human Factors, Usability or User Experience, or significant experience in the domain with supporting studies required if education is outside of Human Factors or Design.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years of professional experience and a deep understanding of user research, visual design, cognitive psychology and human centered design principles
- Working knowledge of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
- Familiarity with software applications including Figma, InVision, Axure, Adobe Suite as well as iOS platforms/applications; nice-to-have would include familiarity with Qt Design Studio
- Ability to communicate and document design concepts effectively, build consensus and justify decisions.
- Statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
- Experience with using digital user research and testing tools
- Ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to provide multiple creative solutions to a single problem
- Ability to synthesize usability research, customer feedback, and business requirements into consistent and usable documentation and deliverables
- Experience in user centered design, user interface design, web concepts, usability testing, and user interfaces standards and best practices.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Embedded design experience preferred
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs