Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Staff Software Engineer works largely unsupervised. The Staff Software Engineer is involved in mentoring and teaching subordinate department or group members in order to improve their product knowledge, subject matter understanding, skills and productivity. The Staff Engineer also will be involved in setup of strategic activities, process improvements, and specific scientific studies for research and development. The Staff Engineer can also serve in a consultant role in multiple functional teams. The Staff Engineer functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the respective products and disciplines in which he/she is trained and expert in and may be assigned to manage various aspects of products from development, changes, improvements, replacements, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a subject matter expert for systems of responsibility.
- Assist with or Lead various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments, resources, and/or outside services to prepare design modifications, clarify problems and develop designs for systems or responsibility.
- Designs and develops products that meet approved User Inputs, support business and market strategies, and are intended to generate revenue growth.
- Lead teams to develop, improve, modify, and replace systems or sub-system elements for assigned systems of responsibility.
- Develops and establishes detailed Engineering Input specifications to ensure product function and cost effective manufacturing.
- Oversees development of custom equipment to support small scale product assembly and testing.
- An expected contributor to the generation of ideas and potential inventions..
- Mentor other staff, position subordinates for promotion and increase overall department/group expertise whenever possible.
- Provides technical solutions of wide range of difficult software engineering problems.
- Evaluates systems/components and makes recommendations for improvements and solutions.
- Leads in debug and test of integrated software using software and hardware tools as needed.
- Leads in code reviews and other related design reviews.
- Works with other senior personnel to drive fast-paced learning and implementation of new learning.
- Regularly evaluates the performance of each member of the team and provide candid and constructive feedback.
- Actively seeks and coordinates professional development and improvement opportunities for the members of the team.
- Leads at a high level on cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Fosters culture of collaboration, knowledge transfer, and continuous learning at all times.
- Contributes to defining design and coding standards for software team.
- Works with SW leads/PM to provide inputs for schedule creation/maintenance.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related software engineering or scientific discipline required; Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience, preferably in the medical device industry
- Experience in the full software development life cycle, utilizing IEC 62304.
- Expert in C and C++ and complete understanding of technical principals, theories and concepts in the software engineering field, preferable in the medical device area.
- Full understanding of real time embedded operating systems as well as inter-processor communications and control.
- Experience in board bring up of a new hardware board or system with initial board support package.
- Proficient in GUI and/or device driver development in different operating system environments and/or real time embedded microprocessor programming.
- Experience with development in a real time multithreaded system.
- Expert with integrated development environments, software source control and general software practices.
- Experience in SPI, I2C, UART, USB, CAN, and other method of communications.
- Experience with Cybersecurity principals and their application to connected embedded systems.
- Experience with risk analysis techniques, including FTA and FMEA.
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs