PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
We are seeking professionals who want to bring their talents to a Medical Device Organization that works directly with the patient, at NxStage you Make A Difference You Can See!
The Staff. Electrical Engineering is a key technical expert and lead in the FMCNA-NxStage Research and Development group. The Staff Electrical Engineer will often be a team leader responsible to drive associated projects to completion. The Staff Engineer functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on electrical engineering and may be assigned to manage various aspects of products from development, changes, improvements, replacements, etc. This position is involved in every aspect of electrical design, test, and performance for new platforms and improvements and extensions to existing products throughout the product life cycle. Our products are complex electro-mechanical systems requiring excellent collaboration across project teams and with counterparts in other departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project in requirement definition, system architecture development, detailed design and analysis, design specs, FMEAs, circuit board bring up/verification, system integration and validation.
- Lead system and board level design including feasibility investigation, circuit design/analysis/simulation, and DFM/DFT/Design for reliability. Responsible for resolving advanced and complex technical problems and making independent technical decisions without any supervision.
- Works as a team leader to manage major technical aspects of several projects, including reporting of project progress, issues and risks to supervisor.
- Lead project team meetings, hardware design reviews and other related technical reviews.
- Lead design documentation such as Design Description, Theory of Operations, Test plans/reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project leads to resolve advanced and complex technical problems.
- Lead Risk Management activities including performing Risk Analysis such as FTA and FMEA to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Support complex automated and semi-automated assembly and test equipment
- Provide technical support to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain.
- Support manufacturing plant Lean and cost reduction projects.
- Manages pre-development projects and provide effort estimate and feasibility report.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art of electronics and related technologies to ensure safety and quality of Fresenius products.
- Lead process improvement such as the adoption of best practices and design methodologies
- Provide mentoring and strong technical leadership to other team members.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required; advanced degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in electrical product development, 5+ years as a technical/project lead, medical device or high regulated product development strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to develop complete and complex technical solutions to a wide range of difficult electrical engineering problems.
- Mastery in every aspect of hardware development, from design concept, through schematic design entry, design analysis, circuit simulation, PCB layout, board bring-up, troubleshooting and release to manufacturing.
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience in analog, power, digital, or embedded circuit design; working knowledge of a variety of sensors and actuators strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience of schematic and PCB design tools such as OrCAD, Allegro.
- Extensive experience of design analysis (component stress, tolerance, timing, signal integrity, etc.)
- Extensive Experience with printed circuit board manufacturing process in effectively applying DFM and DFT.
- Extensive Experience using tools to test and troubleshoot electrical circuit boards such as oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Excellent problem solver skill demonstrated over a wide range of difficult electrical engineering problems.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Expert knowledge of entire development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
- Experience in medical device safety and EMC compliance (IEC 60601, CE, etc.).
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and energetic. Passion for creating high quality medical device hardware.
- Experience in investigational analysis methods such as DFMEA, Design of Experiments a plus.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs