Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This Sr. Software Engineer will play a key role in the design, development, testing, and support of software products at NxStage Medical. They will be collaborating with a diverse team of engineers and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will contribute at both the implementation and design levels, exhibiting outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement software for Apple iOS devices from requirements to production and commercial launch
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software following internal design control SOPs
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers to solve complex problems
- Conduct code reviews, create and maintain requirements and specification documents
- Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts
- Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing, and reliability improvements
- Support software Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, IEC 62304, and ISO 9001 standards
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical/scientific field
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of relevant software product development experience
- Expert in Swift and Objective-C software development
- A solid understanding of iOS frameworks, including UIKit, Core Data, Photos, Core Bluetooth, AVFoundation
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and concurrent programming
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in small teams
- Strong analytical skills, with a desire to learn
- Medical device or other safety critical device development
- Familiarity with FDA and international software development guidelines and standards
- Strong knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs