Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a Co-op with NxStage Medical, a student will apply classroom based knowledge to workplace experience and will benefit from learning experiences in their major area of study. As a key member of the Software Verification Test group, the candidate will support the activities related to the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of NxStage’s software-based medical device products and supporting software.The candidate will gain experience with software test methods, embedded systems, GUI systems, scripting, C programming language, and medical device standards ISO 13485 Quality Management System and IEC 62304 Software Life Cycle Process.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review product requirements and design documents to create appropriate test cases and test procedures
- Perform manual testing using embedded test tools like debuggers, oscilloscopes and multimeters
- Work closely with Software Test Engineers and Developers to reproduce, isolate and resolve issues
- Ensure all activities conform to design controls. Ensure all testing activities are properly documented
- Perform other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively pursuing a college degree in similar major
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Candidate for BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Embedded programming experience preferred
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation
- Beginning analytical and design skills
- Basic knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs