PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The candidate will participate in the design, development, testing, and support of next generation dialysis instruments at NxStage Medical. They will be collaborating with a diverse team of cross-disciplinary engineers and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will contribute at the design, implementation, and verification stages, exhibiting outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply state-of-the-art methods in creating software systems for NxStage products; develop improvements to existing designs
- Apply the principles of software configuration management, software life cycle, and software maintainability
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, including pairing with other engineers to solve complex problems
- Create specification and design documents, perform code documentation activities
- Implement product code based on existing requirements, under the mentorship of senior engineers
- Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts
- Participate in code reviews and conduct static analysis reviews
- Develop software in multiple levels / areas, including embedded processing / driver development, GUI development, algorithm development & implementation, alarm handling, or connectivity
- Assist in debugging existing designs and in developing reliability improvements for the same
- Follow Design Control SOPs for projects and programs, including following the software development lifecycle
- Work with Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, relevant IEC standards including 62304, and ISO 9001
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS or MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related discipline
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-3 years of experience in software product engineering and development
- Medical device or other safety critical device development preferred
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Intermediate analytical and design skills
- Knowledge of project lifestyles, software development environments, and source control techniques
- Experience with test tools such as JTAG, ICE, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes. Ability to read and understand part data sheets and schematics.
- Experience with embedded real time operating systems
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs