Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Software Development Lead will be responsible for leading highly technical software development projects relating to current and/or future NxStage products. This person must have prior experience managing projects involving application software using a structured product development process in a regulated environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the activities of a 3-5 person team on a daily basis
- Quickly develop a system-level understanding of complex electromechanical systems
- Refine / complete software requirements; collaborate with systems, electrical, and mechanical engineering teams to ensure that requirements reflect design intent
- Assist team in refining system architecture based on assessment of progress / challenges to-date
- Refine / complete software development plans to meet overall program schedule objectives
- Assist, hands-on, with coding tasks, as able / appropriate
- Participate in peer code reviews, use-case testing, debug, etc.
- Lead / participate in formal stage-gate design reviews
- Collaborate with SQA team to develop V&V test plans / protocols, etc.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with organizational policies, guidelines, and objectives
- Prior experience in a Software functional and/or technical project leadership role required
- Must be knowledgeable / experienced in all aspects of applicable medical device software development standards and processes
- Primary programming experience should be applications, web development, mobile apps and databases
- Strong diagnostic & problem-solving skills desired, including root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with source control, version management, and configuration management practices desired
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent people management and collaboration skills required
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science with a focus on software design and programming
- 10+ years of experience in software product engineering and development
- 5+ years of software leadership experience
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in Web GUI design using ASPX and multi-tiered business logic
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Development Tools
- Conduct code reviews, create and maintain requirements and specification documents
- Create and execute unit tests as part of software validation efforts
- Strong knowledge of project lifecycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs