Available Openings 1
The individual in this role will assist engineers, designers, and other technicians with testing and improving both new and existing NxStage products. Responsibilities will include creating test fixtures, creating manufacturing aids, troubleshooting, effecting basic repairs, inspecting components, subsystems, and product systems, determining needs, setting up, and operating instrumentation, and executing test procedures to establish proof-of-concept and/or demonstrate product conformance to requirements.
- Perform testing on various NxStage products and prototypes; record data and summarize results
- Execute testing and validation protocols; perform functional testing under the direction of an Engineer and document results
- Participate in continuous improvement activities relating to laboratory procedures, test methods, instrumentation, and fixture development
Building / Machining
- Machine prototype parts to support engineering development
- Build prototypes, fixtures, subassemblies, and full systems
- Assist in maintenance of the lab and associated testing areas
- Provide lab training for new employees and Coop students
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools (drills, saws and sanders)
- Ability to read basic schematics, plumbing and pneumatic diagrams is preferred
- Ability to perform minor electrical rework (cable making, component replacement)
- Strong ability to debug electro-mechanical, mechanical, electrical, and fluidic systems
- Ability to repair and record root cause analysis results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment that may include safety glasses, smock, steel-toed shoes, etc.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. .
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience
- Exceptional troubleshooting ability
- Good computer skills and experience with SolidWorks CAD (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to lift heavy items and work in areas not necessarily optimized for service activity
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Work productively and effectively with limited supervision
- Positive / optimistic attitude
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs