Available Openings 1
Lead supplier development and sourcing for multiple electro-mechanical component categories with the goal of supplier evaluation and selection, achieving year over year cost savings and driving continuous improvement in supplier quality.
Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management and cost reduction through continuous improvement
- Work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders (R&D, Operations, Quality) to select and qualify suppliers of electro-mechanical raw materials.
- Lead supplier selection, evaluation, negotiation and supplier management strategies. Ensure suppliers have the required competency to deliver products that meets specs, with the required accuracy and repeatability.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to optimize component specs that are manufacturable at the required quality and cost.
- Manage supplier performance including supply assurance, balanced scorecards and continuous improvement plans.
- Analyze best cost country sourcing and develop strategy: Identify sourcing opportunities and evaluate supply base.
- Lead cross-functional projects requiring changes to suppliers or supply base.
- Drive annual cost savings in each spend category. Develop multi-year savings pipeline and associated implementation plan.
- Create and implement a continuous improvement sourcing approach for key electro-mechanical spend categories.
- Align with cross-functional teams, executing daily activities to support assigned programs.
- Maintain program status to the required level of detail to communicate the real time position of multiple programs
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. MBA and/or CPM preferred.
- 5 or more years of techno-commercial Sourcing experience.
- Experience in high-volume electro-mechanical industries preferred.
- Experience with multiple commodities; including electronics, plastics, sheet metal and machined parts.
- 3+ years of experience in developing global supply chains.
- Demonstrated ability to reduce raw material cost through effecting negotiation skill.
- Proven track record in building relationships and credibility across the organization; work effectively with cross functional teams; able to function in a matrix environment
- Executional Excellence: Ability to get things done and multi-task; acts with a sense of urgency; able to prioritize; excellent decision making/judgment skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Travel: Up to 25%; some international
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs