Available Openings 2
Position Specific Information
NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As co-op with NxStage, a Fresenius Medical Care company, a student will apply classroom based knowledge to workplace experience and will benefit from learning experiences in their major area of study. The co-op supports product or process development activities related to the development, design, research and manufacturing of NxStage Medical's new and existing products. As part of the R&D team, this involves participating in testing, design, building samples, and other activities as needed by the project team. Co-ops may be part of the system engineering, hardware mechanical engineering, or disposables engineering team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Participate in design or development of new medical equipment and/or upgrades to existing products
Assist with major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
Ensure all design activities conform to design controls; and that all analysis, design and testing activities are properly documented
Participate in activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
Assist the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies
Debug and develop reliability improvements for existing products and products under development
Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation
Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems or approaches.
Learn about and work in ways that are compliant with internal and external standards, good manufacturing practices, and quality system regulations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively pursuing a college degree in similar major
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Candidate for BS or MS in Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Entry level understanding of product and process development of medical devices is preferred
- Basic knowledge of schematic capture and printed circuit board software tools
- Familiarity with analog, digital and microprocessor circuitry
- Beginning understanding of system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration and manufacturing processes
- Has a constructive approach teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated interest in medical device or pharmaceutical industries
- Excellent technical communication skills and attention to detail, including creating and editing technical procedures, protocols, and reports
- Commitment to performing all tasks with quality and integrity
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs