Available Openings 1
Position Specific InformationNxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
The Accounting Manger will be a key team member for both the operational accounting team, as well as supporting technical accounting research and implementations, responsible for supporting the accounting for the division’s domestic and international operations according to US GAAP and IFRS. The Manager will help oversee the G/L accounting team and collaborate with the Senior Director, Accounting to ensure that our global accounting and financial reporting is compliant with US GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements. The Manager designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit and reporting standards and improve efficiency. They ensure integration of data produced into systems, accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Participates in audits and special projects. May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping.
• Primary responsibilities include review and analysis of the monthly financial reporting for all global entities, as well as research and analysis of technical accounting matters.
·The Manager of Accounting will collaborate with other finance and operational departments within the Company to understand and proactively review and analyze accounting activity and financial results.
• Evaluate assigned processes and recommend improvement to maximize efficiencies and ensure conformity to internal policy and procedure and regulatory requirements
• Prepares and reviews monthly reports for Management
• Prepares and maintains policies and procedures
• Establishes and maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations
• Assists in the accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results
• Ability to effectively manage and mentor a team of accountants and analysts in daily, monthly, and quarterly accounting tasks
• Collaborate across the finance team and other operational departments on cross-functional initiatives
• Monthly closing preparation and analysis
·Support the month end consolidation process
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts.
·Prepare and review account analysis and investigate and resolve necessary items
• Develop and maintain internal financial reports and results
• Implement, review and document accounting policies and procedures
• Prepare schedules as part of the monthly Corporate reporting package and year-end audit
Skills & Experience:
• Understanding of technical accounting principles and public company filing requirements and demonstrated experience researching and documenting technical accounting conclusions.
• Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) skills
• Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Demonstrated systems experience with the ability to propose, develop and implement financial systems and reporting solutions
• Demonstrated advanced Excel skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of finance staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 7 years’ related experience.
- Active CPA license desired
- 4 years of experience with a public accounting firm, preferably a big 4
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Exceptional knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements and their preparation, payroll reporting and systems.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs