Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 10
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7
- Understanding 7
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Take a Closer Look
Inside Azura careers: Registered Nurse
Inside Azura Careers: Corporate & Business Support
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
ResponsibilitiesLas Vegas, Nevada
Available Openings 1
Position Specific InformationThis is a full time role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer servicephilosophy. Adheres to the USV/FMCNA Compliance Program, includingfollowing all regulatory and USV/FMS policy requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager or Chief RadiologyTechnologist, performs scrub and circulating duties during interventional procedures according to USV/FMS policies and procedures. Assists with preparation of procedure room, inventory of supplies and stocking of supplies in the procedure room and stock room.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to:
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May provide assistance to A1 with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to A3 for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Assists with the maintenance and setting up of the procedure room in compliance with FMCNA/USV policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Stocks procedure room and procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure.
- Cleans the procedure room including the equipmentand machinery post procedure.
- May assist with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
- Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy, and Medication in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Performs circulating duties in the procedure room.
- Complies with HIPAA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before andafter procedures.
- May perform minor equipment repairs and general upkeep. Communicate problems to supervisor and document issues in the communications log.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- May assist with instrument sterilization and packaging of surgical instruments.
- Assists with preparing, organizing, and efficiently utilizing supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving USV quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practiceof Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of USV/FMS CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing USV quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve USV quality standards.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other USV administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Provides clerical and practical support to physicians and staff:
- Works with the physicians and staff to have all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
- May print images and send to the physician.
- May assist with training and orienting new employees on the medical equipment.
- Files paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
- May process x-ray images after acquisitions.
- May archive patient images to a CD or DVD to comply with USV policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includesdesk and personalcomputer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facilitywith air temperature control and moderate noiselevels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
High School Diploma required
Surgical Technologist Certification, preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Previous patient care experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of interventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), procedures and materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Experience with special procedures utilizing a C-Arm preferred.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operating radiology systems.
- Successfully complete BLS certification.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.