Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Acts as a subject matter expert to analyze, formulate, develop, and place orders for a wide variety of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and services required in production, quality, and other departments. Expedites and perform follow-up activities to ensure proper supply of materials. Monitors, reviews and follows-up on purchased items.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of manufacturing buying/purchasing, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Maintains good vendor relations through direct personal contact, phone interviews or written correspondence.
- Acts as the team subject matter expert for supplier negotiations.
- Represents company through contacts for purposes of competitive bidding, order placement, expediting, and follows-up procedures.
- Obtains and analyzes competitive bids for various catalog items.
- Contacts vendors to follow-up on existing orders to determine status of delivery dates, quantities, and method of shipment.
- Ensures credits are received when inventories are returned to suppliers.
- Reviews purchase orders and purchase requests for appropriate approvals, quantities, descriptions, processes, and ensures correctness thereof.
- Assists other departments to obtain proper material at best possible terms. Recommends substitute or alternative sources of supply where a savings in cost or delivery will result.
- Disseminates information related to material availabilities and record discrepancies.
- Researches and reviews open PO reports on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy of reports and to determine if materials are overdue.
- Maintains required records and performs filing for purchasing.
- Maintains proper communication to ensure materials are off-tested in time to meet production schedule requirements.
- Performs projects for purchasing department, accounting and plant manager (other than normal duties) when required.
- Manages and leads cost savings projects through completion coordinating with diverse teams.
- Assists in monitoring for shortages in production and make appropriate changes to compensate for these shortages.
- Maintains liaison with international customers for production of international products.
- Reviews Master Parts Specification (MPS) documents for accuracy.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- May provide assistance to lower level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, and talk or hear.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
- Desirable certifications include: APICS Certification (CPIM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of related experience; with an advanced degree 3 years of experience required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer and its functions.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs