Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Repair and maintain machinery by preforming electrical and mechanical maintenance on equipment such as gear boxes, motors, pneumatic tools, valves, conveyor systems, robotics, utility systems, production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, applies considerable complex knowledge to perform a broad range of tasks which include but are not limited to properly performing mechanical and electrical duties. Replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Properly weld stainless steel using existing welding technologies in the plant.
- Repair or replace defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts. Ability to weld when necessary.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues and/or in making recommendations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to repair electrical problems.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as rotors, conveyors, and programmable controllers meeting current NEC code.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Ability to program frequency drives, controllers, etc. when required.
- Effectively communicate with production and maintenance supervisors or designates to diagnose and correct equipment problems.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and understand their function and identify possible causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Rebuild pneumatic - hydraulic devices.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance on state-of-art equipment.
- Provide positive work environment that promotes safety and teamwork.
- Contacts are frequently with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of a sensitive nature.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine daily work, and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Follow all Fresenius Policies.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Position requires that employee be available to respond to call-ins on off-hours so that production machinery can be properly maintained on our continuous process operation.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Forklift Certification
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs