Fill Machine Operator (Nights)Apply Now Current Employee? Job ID 17000R7U
Perform various operations within the Solutions Department such as: set-up and operation of filling equipment, supplies Filler and Overwrap machine with material, assist to resolve production stoppages and perform general cleaning duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job. Maintain a high level of productivity at all times.
- Directly paces Filling operation to achieve production goals.
- Print and inspects empty bags in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and applicable BPR.
- Properly load and monitor filler performance in order to maintain a low reject rate levels and prevent damage to machinery.
- Load overwrap machine and provide a continuous product flow.
- Inspect filled. Finished bags for acceptable quality criteria in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and applicable BPR.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk throughout a 12 shift, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and wear personal protective equipment that may include hair net, Solution bunny suit, face mask. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 10 to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Donning/ Doffing is required.
- The Fresenius Knoxville Mfg. Plant is a smoke free campus and maintains a smoke free environment in accordance with state law and company policy.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability errors result in bag leaks, poor placement and in lost production time/slow speed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity