Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manufacturing Controller oversees the ongoing accounting and financial activities within the Knoxville Manufacturing Plant. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating, administering and controlling all aspects of accounting and financial operations to maintain the preparation of financial forecasts, budgetary reports and government required reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Coordinate, administer and control financial operations for the assigned business unit(s).
- Provide an essential contribution in the preparation of budgets and forecasts on a routine basis.
- Develop, implement and maintain all necessary financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements within the assigned business unit(s).
- Assist in the development and ongoing management of department budgets.
- Setup, analyze, and maintain all necessary financial reporting systems.
- May provide tax, insurance and other reports required by government regulations.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Finance/ Plant focus
- Responsible for maintaining site controls and inventory in compliance with GAAP, and SOX regulations.
- Directs all plant financial crisis or cost reduction exercises.
- Directs all site capital expenditure & reporting related activity.
- Manages major site projects as assigned. Directs all plant accounting and finance liaison with Division and/or Corporate Accounting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of accounting and/or finance staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, etc.).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse audiences through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs