As a Clinic Manager at Fresenius Medical Care, you’ll manage the daily operations of our outpatient centers. More importantly, you’ll be the key driver in carrying out our mission: To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the health care industry are judged. This is accomplished by hiring, developing and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with physicians, tracking and delivering superior patient outcomes and monitoring regulatory and safety requirements. Strong management skills are required and prior direct patient care experience is needed for occasions when the team needs a helping hand.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 9
- Problem-solver 9
- Good Listener 8
- Motivational 8
- Results Oriented
- Team Player
Ana L., Clinical ManagerWe work as a team. There is no way we can achieve any success working separately.
Dreams come true at the 2016 FMCNA
Clinical Manager conference
Employee support, enthusiasm and engagement at FMCNA
Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare FSA Dependent Care FSA Short- and Long-term Disability
RN Tuition Assistance Program
Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
Employee Pride Valued Team Members Motivation for Excellence Respect & Dignity Openness & Trust
Wireless, Automobile, and Computer Discounts
Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
ResponsibilitiesKey West, Florida
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
*** $5,000 Sign-on Bonus ****
Use your passion for excellence to drive positive change—one patient at a time. Empower and encourage your team to learn and develop new skills. Established as the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team members. Through this unique approach, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and professional achievement. Offering vast training and development opportunities, we advance careers and the health of countless individuals.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supporting and driving FMS quality standards through meeting all ESRD regulatory requirements and the practice of Quality Assessment and Improvement (QAI), including use of FMS QAI tools.
- Implements FMS quality goals and develops facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, by working with the appropriate In Service Director, Regional Quality Manager and Vice President of Quality, Regional Vice President, and FMS Clinical Services Department to ensure that FMS policy and procedure is followed.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
- Oversees facility’s Home Therapies Program if applicable.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures all FMS Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures, transplant options, modality awareness, and access care, including catheter reduction and adherence to treatment regime.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments and care plans by organizing meetings of the facility’s Interdisciplinary Team to discuss patient care plans and to resolve patient problems.
- Directs initiation, maintenance and communication of efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of the facility station efficiency.
- Is aware of and develops a mechanism or process for knowing the specific situation of each patient, including hospitalizations, no-shows, catheter use, and any significant change in patient care status.
- Develops action plans for unexcused and missed treatments in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- When required by the Area Manager, acts as the initial RN Case Manager for disease management patients. Plans, coordinates and acts as the liaison for patient care as per the disease management agreement, including initial and ongoing validation of member eligibility. Works with payor case managers to facilitate timely workup of patients for access management, dialysis services, patient education, hospitalizations, and kidney transplantation as appropriate, and ensures coordination of care with the multidisciplinary renal team. Communicates changes in patient status regarding clinical, insurance, travel and transportation issues to the disease management company. Maintains current knowledge of disease management software and systems as pertinent.
- Responsible for implementation of FMS staffing, and medical supply models, to provide quality patient care, and makes recommendations to Area Manager.
- Participates in the recruitment and interview process, and decision to hire new personnel.
- Ensures completion of new hiring orientation and training including mandatory in-services and ICD-9 code training when applicable. Ensures documentation completed for annual in service training, and policy and procedure in service updates.
- Responsible for all patient care employees receiving appropriate training according to FMS policy, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMS risk management initiatives.
- Provides opportunities for professional growth, and training to ensure clinical competence and the ability for licensed staff to assume Team Leader responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing performance of all licensed personnel, direct patient care staff, reporting indirect patient care personnel as assigned, and when necessary, technical staff. Provides employee education and guidance, and feedback related to performance.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding FMCNA benefits, Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes, and acts as a resource to facility staff.
- Provides counseling for all clinical staff members at regular intervals offering support and encouraging professional growth.
- Completes timely employee evaluations and establishes annual goals for staff.
- Provides written documentation of all disciplinary conferences in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers with the Area Manager and Human Resources regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Participates in Corporate and Business Unit specific employee recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Ensures a strong communication and educational process with facility staff, Area Manager, Business Unit, Regional and Corporate office personnel, including communication of FMS area, regional and corporate initiatives and policies and procedures to staff.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the needs of the facility.
- Creates and implements a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Process Improvement Team that involves staff in problem solving.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with FMS Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating staff relationships with physicians.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians, through regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Participates in Governing Body.
- Schedules and coordinates CQI meetings with physicians.
- Responsible for the integrity and safety of the facility water system.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of all facility equipment and technology.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all FMS manuals.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review and ICD-9 coding.
- Checks correspondence whether electronic, paper or voice mail, and responds as appropriate.
- Directs information gathering as required supporting billing and collection activities.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in FMS formularies
- Participates in the completion and interpretation of the Pl-17 inventory supply use analysis.
- Reviews and approves facility payroll.
- Reviews profit and loss statements with Area Manager
- Responsible for participating in all required Network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Participates in the completion of the FMS Administrative Clinical Review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Advanced education preferred.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in clinical nursing is required. Experience in med/surg or ICU/CCU is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience is required.
- Must be available as a full-time employee and provide on-call coverage when necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Must complete Clinical Manager training modules and ongoing developmental programs within the specified time line.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.