Available Openings 4
Position Specific Information
Our Kennesaw Patient Intake Coordinator team is temporarily working remotely from home during a standard Mon-Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm schedule.
Must live in the greater Metro Atlanta area.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Patient Intake Coordinator requires excellent sales and customer service skills. This position is responsible for placing new and existing patients with Fresenius Kidney Care (FKC). Work in a fast-paced environment managing an average case load of 75 – 100 patients. Coordinating with a variety of referral sources (hospital discharge planners, FKC clinics, non-Fresenius clinics), the Patient Intake Coordinator is responsible for securing a schedule and ensuring that all patients receive financial and medical clearances in order to receive lifesaving dialysis from FKC. Must be able to multi-task and manage cases in Salesforce CRM while receiving and making multiple phone calls to place patients. This is a “customer facing” role that is detail oriented. All patient referrals must be done timely and in compliance with company standard operating procedures along with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for placing patients through excellent sales and customer service skills. Perform case management while serving as the primary liaison with referral sources, clinics and discharge planners. Obtains chair times, financial clearance and medical clearance in a timely manner to ensure an expedited admissions process.
- Serves as the primary contact for the initial administration of patient referral calls and communications regarding patient admission to the clinics (chronic and/or acute) and home programs. Must have excellent phone skills and be able to multi-task.
- Coordinates the admissions process from the initial request for admission to patient placement in preferred clinic.
- Ensures all intake data for admissions requests are collected, completed and communicated according to the established standard operating procedures and in compliance with all regulatory requirements. May require navigation with various levels of clinic and management staff.
- Must be resilient and able to overcome objections and pushback.
- Obtains the necessary information to place a patient. This includes demographic, financial and clinical information through contact and/or interview with the referral provider, patient or patient representative to complete the admissions process.
- During transient or busy periods will assist other teams in the processing of referrals/calls. Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Interviews patient, patient’s representative, or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
- Utilizes appropriate call tracking and admissions program systems applications to ensure accurate documentation of calls. Familiarity with Salesforce, EMR systems a plus.
- Maintains and updates Salesforce with current data, pertinent information, and status of the admissions referral as appropriate, recording details of the inquiry/referral, complaints and issues. Must have good communication and documentation skills.
- Completes the preliminary paperwork and standard admissions forms to ensure efficient processing of admissions.
- Coordinates cross functionally with multiple departments and resources within FKC to successfully place patients across FKC’s operational footprint.
- Promotes the efficiency of admissions process by answering phones and assisting callers in a professional and timely manner. Must be able to handle escalations and collaborate with supervisor/manager as necessary.
- Works closely with applicable insurance verification teams to ensure patient is financially cleared to be placed in an FKC facility.
- Communicates with individual clinics as needed based on current admissions process and provides prompt scheduling of patients and forwards necessary documents and records to the appropriate receiving facilities in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with facility staff and various levels of management to effectively resolve issues impacting a patient’s admissions process.
- Immediately communicates to supervisor/manager any admissions denials from clinics or billing groups for further action and communication with management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable; and Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- Prior experience working remotely in a home office preferred.
- Excellent Sales & Customer Service, Communication, Organizational and Interpersonal skills required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information accurately into a database system.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office suite of products – email, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Required home cable or DSL internet speed is 50 mbps
- Completion of and compliance with the Marketing and Business Development Functional Compliance Program.
- Ability to adapt to change and support new policies and procedures in a positive manner.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs