The ideal driver has the patient’s needs at the forefront, and will be responsible for ensuring on time deliveries to patients and clinics that depend on their delivery to continue life sustaining treatments. The driver forms a part of a larger team of 500 drivers who go out daily to ensure that our patients have what they need, when they need it. Our drivers are the last step in the process for delivering dialysis products to patients and therefore are the true face of the company.
- Full Time
- Frequent travel
- Glassdoor: 66%
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Independent 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Understanding 8
- Compassionate 7
- Team Player 6
- Adaptable 5
- Good Listener
Victor W., Driver, TruBlu LogisticsI've actually had patients tell me, ‘You know hey look, you guys are live savers. You all are actually helping to save my life.’ So I feel good about what I do.
Delivering Hope: A Day In The Life of a Driver
View our Distribution Centers and
Cross Dock Locations
Compensation & Savings
Competitive pay (hourly, not mileage-based)
401(k) with company match
$6k sign-on bonus
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
Set work schedules allow drivers to have more time at home.
Adoption Assistance Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts Discount Fitness Program
Medical • Dental • Vision Healthcare FSA Dependent Care FSA Short- and Long-term Disability
Employee Pride Valued Team Members Motivation for Excellence Respect & Dignity Openness & Trust
ResponsibilitiesKansas City, Missouri
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the safe, expeditious delivery and pick-up of hospital equipment and supplies to assigned facilities in a defined region. Responsibilities include driving a ¾ ton pick-up truck dropping off and picking up supplies and ensuring that inventory is up to date and accounted for to meet all hospital and company standards. Responsible for ordering supplies from internal FMC as well as outside vendors. Completes required inventories and provides records to Finance as required. Orders and receives supplies through SAP. Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, picksup and delivers equipment and supplies from/to assignedmedical facilities according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behavingwith integrity in a courteousand professional manner.
Supply and product duties include the following:
- May set up productand/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites; arranging from oldest to newest.
- Performsrotation and inventory checks of existing product ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers.
- Orders all supplies at area storagefacility as needed, reporting supply inventory monthly.
- Ensures that outdated supplies are discarded and adjustments are made in SAP
- Moves HD Machines, Portable RO’s, PD Cyclers and NxStage Cyclers; may bleach machines and flush RO’s
- Maintains all store rooms in neat and tidy order within OSHA Guidelines
- Stocks cartsand bins with medical suppliesas needed.
Vehicle related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains binderwith current hospitalinformation in truck (directions, address,etc.) to ensureefficiency and timeliness in deliveries.
- May performroutine maintenance on truck, checking oil and gas weekly.
- Keep truck mileagelog; if required.
- Unloadingand loading freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining cleanliness of truck, machines and carts.
- Keep truck mileagelog; if required.
- Adheresto all federal and state specific DOT regulations.
- Maintainsa satisfactory drivingrecord.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reportsmore complex issues and complaints to Program Manager for resolution. Observes and reports any pertinent anomalies at customer sites/medical facilities.
- Delivers patient chartsto area office on a weeklybasis.
- Maintains current knowledge of all annually revised regulatory standards(OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and any state specific agencies).
- Assists with clerical duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functionsof this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy physicalwork with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 – 50 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs depending on makeup of facility. This position requires extended periods of sitting,standing, bending and walking. Operating a motor vehicle 6-8 hours per day.
High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Prior delivery experience desired
- Must have a current driver’s license in good standing
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with TMS software and vendor management systems
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.