Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position’s primary objective is to plan, organize, and control the department’s production flow. The Supervisor is responsible for leading the team and producing FMCNA equipment to the highest quality standards. To assure smooth production flow, by evaluating productivity, problems, shortages, and demands. Provide feedback to management as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, monitor daily productivity, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Provide direction and leadership to staff in order to accomplish organizational goals. Understand and interpret department functions.
- Achieve manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Maintain effective departmental quality procedures.
- Ensure company products are receiving the highest of quality standards.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring all steps of the process, observing control points and monitoring equipment and resources. Help keep production line moving at all times and schedule department operations to remain productive.
- Assist and educate staff on proper troubleshooting to maximize testing times and work flow.
- Monitor and Order tools as needed for the various jobs. Monitor parts to remain shortage free.
- Track / Order parts to keep production moving.
- Maintain quality assurance at all times.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Act as a liaison between management and personnel.
- Follow company policies and guidelines as set forth by Quality Systems Manual.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs., as required with assistance.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels in the Hemodialysis (HD) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; or experience in lieu of degree.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of related experience in a Senior/Lead level role; 1 – 3 years of experience as a supervisor (external hire) preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective process management skills.
- Must have knowledge of the company product line.
- Read written job procedures and write required test results.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs