Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionIndianapolis, Indiana | Danville, Indiana | Fishers, Indiana Job ID R0033088
Positions available at multiple locations across Indianapolis and surrounding areas
Sign on bonus available at some locations based off of experience.
We provide paid, extensive training in dialysis.
About this role: As a Dialysis Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) with Fresenius Medical Care, you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative team responsible for delivering unique care plans and providing dialysis treatment to patients facing end stage renal disease or chronic kidney disease. Our clinic RNs build strong bonds and lasting relationships with people who entrust us with their care, their families, and fellow care team members.
How you grow or advance: As a Dialysis RN, you will enter our Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) to grow and advance in your career. By participating in CAP, you will develop clinical leadership skills, derive greater career satisfaction, have an opportunity to share your expertise with others, and be recognized for your experience, knowledge, and clinical expertise. All new hires will begin at the appropriate CAP level based on prior experience and education.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state, and federal regulations.
• As a member of the nephrology health care team, you will participate in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
• Coordinates patient care including assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of hemodialysis patients. This includes delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff.
• Performs all essential functions of an Outpatient RN under supervision (based on prior experience).
• Performs ongoing analysis of patient data with each patient visit and document in the patient medical record.
• Adjusts or modify the treatment plan as indicated and notify supervisor as needed.
• Provides initial and ongoing education to patient and family.
• Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with approved algorithm(s), and document appropriate medical justification and effectiveness.
• Initiates or assist with emergency response measures.
• Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing, and shipping procedures are performed.
• Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on the patient care plan.
• Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment modality options.
• Completes CAP requirements to either maintain or advance within the program.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Current appropriate state licensure.
• Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
• Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for colleagues, collaborative, reliable.
• Experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred but not required).
• Chronic/acute hemodialysis experience (preferred but not required).
• Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.