Available Openings 2
Position Specific Information
This is a FT RT role.
The center is open Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm
You will need ARRT and be able to scrub
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and policy requirements.
Assists physicians in performing all types of interventional radiology procedures. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the radiological equipment in accordance with FMC policies, procedures and training. Assists with the inventory and ordering of supplies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a skilled specialist, completes (insert) tasks in resourceful and effective ways which include, but are not limited to:
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Contacts are frequently with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications; requires skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communications.
- Acts as a subject matter expert…
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May act as an informal team leader and provides assistance to A1, A2, and A3 with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the radiology procedures in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Reviews patient specific procedure orders to determine materials/supplies that will be needed.
- Sets up/ stocks the procedure room/procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure and cleans procedure room post procedure, including cleaning of equipment/machinery.
- Conducts all necessary preparations of the patient procedure room and documents when appropriate.
- Explains procedure to the patient, answers questions and addresses patient concerns.
- Assists with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
- Inputs patient data into the C-Arm.
- Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Processes x-ray images and archives to a CD or DVD to comply with FMCNA policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing FMCNA quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMCNA quality standards.
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures. Maintains integrity of medical records, filing paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures and performing audits on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding replacement of equipment and repairs.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- May perform instrument sterilization and package surgical instruments.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
- Ensures effective communication with physicians.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
- Works with the physicians and staff to ensure all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
- Addresses physician concerns in areas of responsibility.
- May print images and send to the physician.
- May assist in the development and revision of policies related to radiography to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Assists in training and orienting new employees on the equipment.
- Ensures patient billing is accurate and timely by reviewing all procedures, documenting patient equipment charges and verifying CPT and ICD9 codes are correct.
- Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
- Acts as Radiation Safety Officer; monitors radiation badges and conducts in-services regarding Radiation safety.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and to perform patient transfers and positioning of patients up to 400 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable; and Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Must have ART Certification, and be a licensed Radiology Technician by the Department of Health
Per state requirements - must be licensed in radiology.
Interventional Radiology certificate preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 – 6 years’ related experience desirable, Candidates with ART Certifications will be considered for this position with at least 1 years of experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of interventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), procedures and materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Experience with special procedures utilizing a C-Arm.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operating radiology systems.
- Successfully complete BLS certification.
- Experience with monitoring and maintaining inventory.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs