As a Clinic Manager at Fresenius Medical Care, you’ll manage the daily operations of our outpatient centers. More importantly, you’ll be the key driver in carrying out our mission: To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the health care industry are judged. This is accomplished by hiring, developing and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with physicians, tracking and delivering superior patient outcomes and monitoring regulatory and safety requirements. Strong management skills are required and prior direct patient care experience is needed for occasions when the team needs a helping hand.
Job DescriptionGoshen, Indiana Job ID JR0007932
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory, FMS and FMS policy requirements.
Manages and oversees the daily operations of the facility ensuring cost-effective facility operations in accordance with all legal, compliance and regulatory requirements and programs. Collaborates with the Medical Director and the Clinical Coordinator /Charge Nurse or Nurse Supervisor regarding the provision of quality patient care in the dialysis facility incorporating all activities from admission through to discharge. As the clinic leader, has the authority to make daily decisions to ensure the appropriate continuity of care and patient and staff safety.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the administration of the daily business operations of the dialysis clinic including managing the functions and actions related to the center staff, quality of overall provision of patient care, maintenance of the physical plant and center equipment, and inventory control.
- Manages the profit and loss and other related financial aspects for the center ensuring optimal facility operations to achieve or exceed the budget and key performance indicators.
- Collaborates closely with, providing oversight as needed to, the Clinical Coordinator/Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor acting as nurse manager, the Medical Director, and the physicians regarding the direct patient care responsibilities within the facility to ensure the provision of outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FMS quality goals, and compliance with the pertinent company policies and procedures.
- Collaboration activities include:
- Coordinating all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Ensuring the provision of education to the patient and the patient's family regarding access care including medical instructions.
- Addressing patient concerns, issues, and questions including the review of patient satisfaction surveys.
- Developing and communicating efficient and timely patient schedules to ensure maximization of facility efficiency.
- Assisting as needed with patient workflow, monitoring pre, intra, and post, procedures as appropriate.
- Implementing and maintaining a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Process Improvement Team that involves staff and pertinent physicians in problem solving activities meeting on a regular basis to address identified issues.
- Continually reviewing Center operations to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws. Ensures compliance with all state agency regulations.
- Develops and maintains strong Medical Director and physician relationships, facilitating staff relationships with physicians, and ensuring regular and effective communication with all physicians including participating in regular meetings with Medical Directors.
- Markets available services through presentations to physicians and dialysis facilities.
- Supports and drives FMS quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of CQI, including the use of the appropriate company CQI tools.
- Works with the Clinical Coordinator /Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor and Medical Director to implement FMS quality goals and develop facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Oversees and monitors the provision of the appropriate training according to FMS policy to ensure ongoing compliance with all company and FMS risk management initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Coordinator/Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor to ensure the aggressive treatment of, and actions taken, regarding adverse events and action thresholds.
- Ensures all Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FMS administrative and operational records.
- Complies and assists with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Manages the day to day activities and workload of the facility staff providing guidance and leadership as appropriate to ensure the effective, efficient and timely execution of duties and tasks.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates efficient and timely employee schedules according to the staffing needs of the facility to ensure adequate staffing on a daily basis. Consults with Clinical Coordinator /Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor and Medical Director to optimize clinical staffing.
- Provides informal feedback to staff on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the form of the annual performance evaluation during the focal merit review process. Obtains feedback and input regarding the staff performance from the Medical Director and Clinical Coordinator/Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor and acts on the feedback as appropriate. Collaborates with staff and Clinical Coordinator/Charge RN or Nurse Supervisor and Medical Director to set annual goals for staff.
- Manages the department staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains written documentation of all disciplinary meetings in accordance with the established personnel policies, and confers with Human Resources and Director of Operations regarding the nature of the disciplinary decisions.
- Ensures execution of new hire orientation and training, and ICD-9 code training when applicable for new hires, and works with Medical Director to ensure mandatory in-services are completed.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is completed for current licensure, annual in-service and policy and procedure in-service updates.
- Responsible for ensuring all facility employees receive appropriate trainings according to company policy including company risk management initiatives.
- Provides training and guidance to facility staff members to ensure development of clinical competences providing opportunities for professional growth and encouraging personal growth.
- Collaborates with HR regarding providing information to staff pertaining to FMS/FMCNA benefits, Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Participates in Corporate and Division specific employee recognition and satisfaction programs.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Division and Corporate office personnel and ensures appropriate communication of FMS, Division, and Corporate initiatives, policies and procedures to facility staff.
- Utilizes knowledge of FMCNA and FMS services and products to contribute to the growth of the business.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.
- Schedules the maintenance and repair of equipment, operating systems and physical structure of the facility, as needed.
- Monitors security of the facility.
- Coordinates inventory/supply management by reviewing monthly inventory count and approving purchase orders for necessary items to ensure cost containment, timely distribution and competitive pricing.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the FMS/FMS formularies.
- Contributes to the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures for the facility and the pertinent updating and maintenance of the related manuals.
- Directs any necessary information gathering, as required, to support billing, billing issues and collection activities.
- Coordinates and approves facility payroll.
- Responsible for participating in all on-site internal and external (state and federal) surveys.
- Reviews new and existing provider contracts for various vendor services, including but not limited to, insurance, laboratory, and facility cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
The position oversees the provision of patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Coworkers may provide assistance. The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program and material assist� devices for the heavier items.
- Bachelor's degree required; in a health care discipline preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 + years of business operations experience in increasing levels of responsibility required- in a health care facility- with at least year in a lead or senior position , in a medical facility preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - experience with medical database software preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and management skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We work as a team. There is no way we can achieve any success working separately.Ana L., Clinical Manager
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.