Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionGlendale, Arizona
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
This is a full time back office medical assistant role in a Cardiovascular Consultants in Glendale.
Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients’ charts. Responsible for medical charts, electrocardiograms, and some administrative duties in assistance to physicians. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and ensures smooth transitioning between appointments.
Hours are 8am to 5pm.
Must have HS Diploma.
The Medical Assistant interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients’ charts. Responsible for medical charts, electrocardiograms, and some administrative duties in assistance to physicians. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and ensures smooth transitioning between appointments. The Medical Assistant uses customer service skills and pleasant attitude to ensure the comfort of patients.
- Documents medical histories, vital signs and other patient related data in medical charts (i.e., pulse rate, blood pressure, weight and height).
- Performs electrocardiograms, holter, MCOT and event monitoring.
- Exhibits understanding of EMR scanning and clinical procedures.
- Aids physicians by performing some administrative duties and handling basic clinical tasks.
- Assists physician with patients’ medical history and medication history.
- Arranges for laboratory testing.
- Documents new prescriptions and refills.
- Maintains a neat and professional work environment.
- Brings patients to the room in a friendly, timely manner, providing any necessary assistance.
- Stocks rooms and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Documents all patient information on medical chart.
- Additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position involves active work, including walking and/or standing for considerable lengths of time wearing a lead apron. Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs and transfer and position patients weighing up to 400 lbs. Must work under pressure and stressful situations. Exposure to communicable disease.
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MA Certification required.
- One year experience as a Back Office Medical Assistant/MA preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some travel may be required.
Must have CPR certification
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 10
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7
- Understanding 7
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Take a Closer Look
Inside Azura careers: Registered Nurse
Inside Azura Careers: Corporate & Business Support
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.