Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionFort Lauderdale, Florida
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Location: Fort Lauderdale Heart & Rhythm Center
1925 NE 45th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Schedule: Per Diem
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Acts as the facility receptionist while answering incoming referral calls and completing admissions for patients. Responsible for ensuring required demographic, financial, referral, and clinical and other admission data is collected, completed and communicated per USV/FMCNA policies and procedures. Provides secretarial and administrative support as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and execute patient scheduling.
- Handle patient scheduling at the center; schedule and input appointments into the computer scheduling module in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with patient transportation if the patient qualifies per USV Transportation of Indigent Patient Policy.
- Informs management of patient cancellations or additions and inputs adjustments into the computer scheduling module.
- Contacts patient and/or referral source when patient fails to report or cancels appointment. Documents why patient cancelled or failed to report.
Complete registration and admissions of patients. Duties include:
- Complete front end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Obtain necessary patient information – clinical, financial and demographic – from referral source to initiate admissions process.
- Interview patient or patient representative or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
- Obtain necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing of admissions data in accordance with USV/FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with referral source or patient or patient’s physician to effectively resolve issues impacting patient’s admission process.
- Ensure all aspects of patient confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Provide patient with appropriate HIPPA information and documentation.
- Verify and obtain eligibility and benefits for all primary and secondary insurances. If verification is processed via Internet, prints out and includes in registration packet.
- Perform pre-certification on all non-Medicare patients before treatment is initiated.
- Assemble, file and maintain patient medical records and financial records.
- Work closely with billing personnel to obtain and verify all necessary information for billing purposes.
Post procedure responsibilities include:
- Research any questions related to charge sheets.
- Distribute copies of all billing information and necessary documents to the billing department on a daily basis.
- Send patient operative reports to referral source and patient’s physician within 72 hours of completed procedure.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart forms.
- Inspect patient charts post procedure. Obtain physician dictation and file in medical record.
- File charge sheets in financial records.
- Purge medical records per policy and procedure.
Perform a variety of clerical and secretarial duties, include:
- Greet visitors and patients.
- Maintain inventory of office forms and supplies.
- Print patient schedule and pull patient charts daily.
- Arrange for package pickup and delivery through UPS.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community.10% Travel.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience, preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to supporting software applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Facilitator 10
- Leadership 10
- Patient 9
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7
- Understanding 7
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Take a Closer Look
Inside Azura careers: Registered Nurse
Inside Azura Careers: Corporate & Business Support
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.