Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionFontana, California Job ID R0020989
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
General and Staff Related:
- Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to direct patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation. Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to Clinical Manager and initiate as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all company and facility approved procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies in clinics with more than 100 patients.
- Approve or disapprove time or personnel schedule changes in the absence on the Clinical Manager ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures for documenting time of work hours for staff members on assigned shift.
- Participate in patient care plan meetings.
- Maintain knowledge in the current practices related to the principles and techniques of dialysis by participating in all scheduled in-services.
- Train and orient staff as necessary.
- Routinely observe and guide direct patient care staff for appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and procedures.
- Promote and assist with compliance to OSHA programs in order to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective matter.
- With Clinical Manager conduct staff meetings at least monthly or as needed to keep patient care staff informed of changes in patient care needs or operations to improve delivery of care.
- Meet routinely with the Clinical Manager to discuss personnel and patient care status, issues, and information.
- Supervise all documentation of patient information.
- Coordinate Charge Nurse duties with Staff RNs acting in the relief charge capacity.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments appropriately.
- Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation.
- Asses patient needs, respond to dialysis treatments, and communicate concerns to rounding physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as directed.
- Monitor and supervise all patient care activity during dialysis and assist as necessary.
- Collaborate with direct patient care team in making decisions to benefit patient care.
- Continuously monitor patient's condition with regards to problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physician's orders.
- Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff members.
- Supervise and participate in completion of short and long term care plans.
- Admit new patients according to facility procedure.
- Ensure educational needs of patients are met and educate the patient and family about End Stage Renal Disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medication.
- Supervise the safe and effective use of all equipment involved in direct patient care.
- Operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and efficiently when needed.
- Perform required testing and verification and initial the checklist for start-up and shut-down procedures as outlined in the Technical Services Manual.
- Complete Nurse's Technical Training Program/Water Quality Facility Training.
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager
- Assist with the interviewing of potential direct patient care staff as requested.
- Promote efficient use of medical supplies.
- Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assurance meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (R.N.)
- Must be registered and licensed to practice in the applicable State.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 9 months of nursing experience, plus 3 months of specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
- Medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR certification.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.