Registered Dietitians at Fresenius Medical Care build trusting relationships with patients and their families. That trust paves the way for dietary education and planning that directly affects patients’ quality of life. Responsibilities include completing patient assessments, creating patient-specific nutritional plans, and providing ongoing nutritional support. All this is done in a multi-disciplinary environment where information from both patients and co-workers contribute to success. Qualified candidates are excellent listeners with a current RD license and prior clinical dietitian experience.
- Job Level:Mid-level
- Glassdoor: 66%
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Trustworthy 9
- Facilitator 9
- Persuasive 8
- Good Listener 8
- Patient 7
We are partnering with them for their care, and we have to work with them to make sure that
Lori K., Registered Dietitian
they get the best care possible.
Take a Closer Look
A day in the life of an FMCNA dialysis clinic
Employee support, enthusiasm and engagement at FMCNA
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time; $350/year for part-time)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for cash for up to 80 hours per year.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Available Openings 1
Position Specific InformationThis is a PART-TIME position.
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient’s future—as well as your own.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families, and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Registered Dietitian-Renal Care
Embrace this opportunity to help patients live better lives and accomplish important professional objectives. As part of an interdisciplinary team within our Medical Services division, the professional we select will provide patients with counseling and nutritional assessments, and calculate prescription diets. This individual will assess patient knowledge of diet and kidney disease, and offer patient-specific, detailed information about nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status, and nutrition-related lab parameters.
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Assesses patient’s knowledge of diet and kidney disease and provides education appropriate to patient’s learning needs regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the impact on the treatment process.
- Provides patient specific detailed education to patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and participates in the interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in the development of a written, individualized comprehensive plan of care that specifies the services necessary to address the patient’s needs, in accordance with established Federal and, where applicable, state licensure guidelines.
- Calculates diet prescription according to standard of practice.
- Completes progress notes on all chronic dialysis patients according to established FMCNA guidelines. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all appropriate information in medical record according to established FMCNA policies and Federal and state regulations.
- Provides patient with ongoing nutrition assessment and outcome-oriented nutrition counseling necessary to assist patient in achieving and sustaining an effective nutritional status.
- Identifies malnourished patients as well as patients at risk for malnutrition and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team to identify appropriate interventions, resources or solutions. Reviews each patient’s albumin level and body weight at least monthly. Implements plan of care with involvement of patient/family/caregiver.
- Monitors adherence and response to nutrition therapy, adjusts therapy as needed to achieve and sustain an effective nutritional status, documents why the patient was unable to achieve the goals and implements the plan of care to address issues impacting the patient’s ability to achieve the goals.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on Urea Kinetic Modeling recommendations to achieve the physician’s prescription of Kt/V.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on management and recommendations for mineral metabolism and renal bone disease, anemia and iron status, nutritional status, psychosocial status, vascular access, modality, rehabilitation status and sodium/volume control.
- Adheres to FMCNA algorithm and medical record policies.
- Reports on nutrition QAI results and participates in the interdisciplinary QAI program.
- Collaborates and coordinates with team members in provision of Pre-ESRD education as appropriate.
- When appropriate, works with Case Manager to coordinate plan of care for patient education and identifies candidates to refer to physician for nutritional supplements, as per disease management agreements.
- Reviews nutrition related lab results:
- Counsels patient and/or caregiver and formulates appropriate action.
- Recommends treatment changes to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Communicates with physician and/or facility staff regarding lab results as appropriate.
- Communicates lab results and recommended treatment changes to providers of patient care in nursing facilities (i.e. hospitals, short term and long term care facilities).
- Participates in pertinent staff meetings (i.e. general staff, quality improvement), Care plan meetings, and others as applicable.
- Consults with FMS Corporate Dietitian regarding nutrition concerns as needed.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills for a competent and innovative practice.
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours as specified by American Dietetic Association and state licensure regulations where applicable.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team, ensuring that all work areas are safe and clean.
- Other nutrition management duties as assigned.
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision making.
- Able to perform responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.