Home Therapies professionals at Fresenius Medical Care provide education and support to patients and caretakers who have chosen home dialysis therapy. This role involves an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness, as well as training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment. Successful candidates have outstanding customer service skills, a valid driver’s license and the desire to positively impact patients’ lives by empowering them to treat themselves in the comfort of their own homes.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0090464 Available Openings 1
About this role: As a Home Therapies Registered Nurse, you will manage patient care in an independent home therapy program by providing education and support to patients and caretakers who have chosen to dialyze in the comfort of their home. This role is primarily clinic based, you will conduct an initial visit to the homes of patients to assess home therapy readiness with regular training and follow-up visits within the clinic environment.
How you grow or advance: As a Home Therapies Registered Nurse, you will enter our Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) to grow and advance in your career. By participating in CAP, you will develop clinical leadership skills, derive greater career satisfaction, have an opportunity to share your expertise with others, and be recognized for your experience, knowledge, and clinical expertise. All new hires will begin at the appropriate CAP level based on prior experience and education.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state, and federal regulations.
- As a member of the nephrology health care team, you will participate in decision-making, teaching, leadership, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and home therapies program operations.
- Identifies and evaluates candidates for the Home Therapies Program including assessment of patients’ home environment if needed.
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home Dialysis candidate’s home environment and caretaker readiness and ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.
- Admits new patients to the Home Therapies Program using the appropriate processes.
- Coordinates patient care including assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation for an assigned group of hemodialysis patients.
- Assesses and manages patients’ response to home dialysis training and treatment therapy by following prescribed predetermined protocols.
- Analyzes dialysis data for Home Therapy patients and documents and adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as needed.
- Provides initial and ongoing education to patient and family on home dialysis treatment and the operation and maintenance of all home therapies equipment.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment modality options.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with approved algorithm(s), and document appropriate medical justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assist with emergency response measures.
- Completes routine patient evaluations within the clinic setting.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing, and shipping procedures are performed.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team on the patient care plan.
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as appropriate.
- Completes CAP requirements to either maintain or advance within the program.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: compassion, caring, support for colleagues, collaborative, reliable.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (preferred but not required).
- Chronic/home hemodialysis experience (preferred but not required).
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines, and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position may require travel to home dialysis patient homes, training sites or other facilities.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in other locations with the same physical demands and working conditions as described above.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I see these people when they start, and when they're over that hump my heart just...I can't even describe it. It's just amazing.Joanne S., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(k) Retirement Saving
401(k) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.