Available Openings 1
The Director, Finance manages and directs ongoing finance and accounting processes within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for providing guidance and oversight on financial analysis and reporting activities in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Director, Finance selects, develops and evaluates the assigned team(s) to ensure efficient and effective operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all financial reporting. Produce timely and accurate GAAP financial statements.
- Develop and present analyses and reports for the assigned business unit(s) on a routine basis; providing recommendations for management review to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Utilize broad functional and/or industry knowledge to serve as a subject matter expert (SME); maximizing the efficacy and efficiency of operations within the assigned function(s).
- May oversee accounting and/or financial close processes within the assigned function(s) on a routine basis.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- May act as a liaison to cross-divisional teams; managing communications to ensure data accuracy and integrity within the assigned function(s).
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of accounting and/or finance staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree or CPA preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 3+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Working knowledge of business warehouse (BW) systems preferred (e.g., BEx, SAP, etc.).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with the changing priorities, tasks and client conditions.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs