Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides project leadership for the building of FMCNA dialysis clinics. Manages multiple construction projects in a fast paced environment from conception to post occupancy. Coordinates with internal and external architects, real estate professionals, and manages the construction process. Responsible for managing maintenance and repair work associated with operating facilities. Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and divisional policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the construction process for assigned construction projects by directing, organizing and supervising the activities of contractors, developers, subcontractors and/or vendors as necessary ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Supervises project quality and adherence to project design specifications and standards. Identifies deficiencies, investigates problems and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures projects remain on schedule and manages project resources utilizing the construction project management system.
- Manages spending affecting Sales, General & Administration (SGA) budgets and provides on-going updates to the Sr. Project Manager.
- Provides feedback, updates and recommendations to the division executive regarding issues or unusual actions that directly impact the cost, schedule or quality of assigned projects.
- Provides regular communication and project updates to operations management and division executive regarding budget to cost analysis, schedule and progress updates, permit or certification status updates and important issues or concerns affecting the project. Maintains up-to-date project information in the appropriate Project Questionnaire (PQ) database.
- Collaborates with Sr. Project Manager and Department staff to ensure assigned projects adhere to department objectives, strategies, policies, procedures, initiatives and standards to reduce risk.
- Effectively utilizes the construction project management delivery and database management systems. Manages accurate and timely updates to systems as necessary for use in Dashboard updates.
- Oversees the administration of all developer/contractor/subcontractor/design or consultant agreements from draft through completion.
- Ensures the timely processing of agreements by providing pertinent supporting documentation to Contracts Administrator for assembly and distribution.
- Ensures strict project adherence to defined scopes of work, terms and conditions as defined in the established agreements.
- Manages change order requests obtaining necessary documentation and justification.
- Collaborates with the Estimating Department during pre-construction.
- Identifies, solicits, pre-qualifies or selects developers, contractors, subcontractors or vendors to provide quotes and complete work on assigned projects.
- Provides input on conceptual budgets and construction cost estimates for assigned projects.
- Utilizes input received by the Estimating Department to post project cost estimates on PQ.
- Analyzes and verifies site assessment details and brings any deficiencies to the attention of the Estimating Department.
- Remains current on bid status on the Construction Bid Board for projects in assigned region.
- Assists the Estimators in assessing confidential bids and scopes of work for errors & omissions as requested.
- Participates in the review of contractual agreements (Scopes of Work) using the standard format for the division to increase control and limit liability and risk.
- Provides input on development of comprehensive Scopes broken down in Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) format.
- Collaborates with Transaction Management team providinginput on site analysis and selection. Verifies and provides accurate site surveys for all projects including infrastructure, utilities, building envelope, accessibility, parking and site restrictions.
- Assists field/clinic operations with facilities maintenance management.
- Evaluates maintenance requests/projects, develops scopes of work, solicits bids and recommends appropriate actions as appropriate.
- Confirms the status of all warranties prior to initiating maintenance repairs.
- Conducts maintenance investigations of existing facilities, monitors completion of work and ensures all maintenance work is in compliance with applicable regulatory, divisional and FMCNA policies and programs.
- Interfaces with Real Estate and Construction Services, Legal, Security, Human Resources, Accounting and Risk Management departments as needed to ensure on-going compliance with applicable guidelines and acts as a point of contact for project related issues.
- Provides assistance to the Architecture & Design Group as needed providing input on design specifications, offering recommendations on the selection of Architect consultants, evaluating construction documents produced by consulting Architects, and reporting any deficiencies as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times with various department files and records including but not limited to project performance, site selection, job cost estimates, marketing or business plans and various personnel files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: SUPERVISION: EDUCATION: EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs