Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for leading and overseeing sales activities for assigned sales organization in the Renal Therapies Group (RTG). Responsible for sales goal achievement and profit growth. Ensures superior service, via direct reports, to all customers. Has responsibility for the development and implementation of the annual forecasted sales plan.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned sales organization.
- Provides leadership and coaching within assigned organization to the Directors, Sales including all aspects of daily management including but not limited to training, sales targeting, scheduling, skills assessment, travel, and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for assessing the sales strategies on an annual basis as well as re-assessments on a quarterly or monthly basis as needed, based on financial and volume assessment metrics and recommends changes to sales plans and strategies, as appropriate to the business and customer needs
- Works with Marketing Department to target areas of growth and to set annual/quarterly sales assumptions/goals.
- Maintains solid working relationships with Marketing, Finance, Operations, Administration, Customer Service, Medical Affairs, Legal, and Compliance departments.
- Develops, updates, and implements an inclusive business plan to meet sales objectives for assigned sales organization, inclusive of RTG goals.
- Understands, monitors, and communicates to Sales Executives the overall business climate within sales organization, including customer and industry trends. Proactively develops new approaches to meet the changing demands of the market place.
- Plans and conducts regular meetings with each Director, Sales. Reviews and reinforces current performance as it related to goals, sales results, etc.
- Ensures that the territorial configurations within organization continue to maximize the best use of personnel, productive customer relationships and business potential.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for sales organization.
- Oversees and presents assigned Divisional financial results and business plans to VP, Sales.
- Forecasts and operates within own specific annual Operating Expense Budget (OPEX) as well as providing oversight for all department OPEX Budgets under in assigned territory.
- Develops, coordinates, and executes field cross training for assigned sales organization including selling strategies and incorporates marketing initiatives. Works with various other sales teams to assist with cross training.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Partners with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Ensures that all training programs are appropriate and useful to the entire sales force. Identifies and evaluates the educational needs of the sales team. Participates in the development of educational materials by collaborating with Marketing and Sales Education to further develop sales expertise with the team.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching, and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers. Interactions frequently require special skills such as negotiating or influencing customers and/or senior level leaders in matters of significance to the organization.
- Represents the company in the community and industry, as required.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive travel required.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of sales staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Business Administration, or a related field required. Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 12+ years of related renal sales experience; includes 5+ years of experience as a Director or in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and programs in a clear and succinct manner.
- Must be able to work cross functionally within the organization, particularly with Marketing, Customer Service, and Operations
- Must be able to represent the company within the local community, trade shows, and within the renal product arena.
- Ability to influence others within and outside of the organization.
- Proven ability to motivate and mentor workforce, strong leadership qualities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with customers.
- Strong CRM knowledge and report development experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs