Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
- Job Level: Experienced/Non-Managerial
- Travel: Minimal
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Job DescriptionDallas, Texas
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides nursing care to the patient during pre and post-operative phases. Performs nursing activities in the Cath Lab holding area. Answers patient questions and assists with physician needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports the goals and objectives of the facility, participates in programs directed toward patient and staff safety, risk management and quality management; respond to emergency situations with competence and composure.
Participates in primary care of patients as indicated to enhance the quality of care given; coordinates patient care activities with medical staff and health care team members to provide continuity of patient care; enforces the implementation of nursing practice standards to provide quality patient care.
Performs the circulating nurse’s functions adhering to approved Cath lab procedures (i.e. ensure equipment is functioning properly, supplies and instruments are ready before starting procedures, assists staff and anticipate needs of team as required).
Provide moderate sedation to the patient while maintaining patient safety.
Accurately assess and interprets age-specific patient data and responds to questions and instructions accordingly.
Performs according to approved policies and procedures and reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and non-compliance.
Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care or seeks further guidance, as needed.
Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences; attends and actively participates in meetings, in-services, conferences, quality management activities, according to job duties and facility requirements.
Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
Perform other nursing duties as needed or required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment used can vary in complexity. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the heavier items.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and/or walking and the employee must be able to bend over.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Registered Nurse license required (active)
- ACLS/BLS certification required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preoperative or critical care area required
- Experience in a cardiac cath lab preferred
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 10
- Detail Oriented 9
- Relationship Expertise 9
- Facilitator 8
- Leadership 8
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
A day in the life of a clinic RN
Employee support, enthusiasm and engagement at FMCNA
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
PAID TIME OFF
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVING
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.