Azura Vascular Access Registered NurseApply Now Current Employee? Job ID 17000T63 Available Openings 1 Position Specific Information
Schedule: FT Monday through Friday 7:30 - 4:00pm
Must have 3+ years critical care background (ICU, CCU, ER, OR, or IR)
Must have current ACLS/BLS
We perform vascular procedures under moderate sedation
Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday Day Shift
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FVC/FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FVC/FMS policy requirements.
Provides direct nursing care pre, during and post procedure, under the direction of the Facility Manager and/or Charge Registered Nurse, utilizing standard nursing techniques to assist the physician in optimum patient outcomes following facility policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a skilled specialist, completes (insert) tasks in resourceful and effective ways which include, but are not limited to:
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Contacts are frequently with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications; requires skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communications.
- Acts as a subject matter expert.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May act as an informal team leader and provides assistance to A1, A2, and A3 with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Responsible for supporting and driving FVC quality standards through meeting regulatory and accrediting body requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FVC/FMS CQI tools.
- Assists with implementation of FVC quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve FVC quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the FVC quality goals, to ensure that FVC/FMC policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds in collaboration with facility management.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other FVC administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.
- Obtains necessary medical history, discusses procedure and answers questions, and performs nursing assessment on the day of the procedure.
- Provides education to patients and patient’s family regarding post procedure care of vascular access.
- Monitors patient condition before, during and after the procedure, especially patients having moderate sedation and contrast media injections for possible complications or reactions.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to facility management, as needed.
- Completes documentation of patient information from admission to discharge in an accurate manner.
- Confirm written orders, consents and lab work are completed and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes appropriate preparation of lab requisitions; delivery to appropriate labs; reporting and forwarding of lab results to appropriate physician.
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures, as needed.
- Administers medications and IV moderate sedation to patients as directed per physician’s orders, and in compliance with FVC, company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Acts as scrub technologist to assist the physician during procedure as needed; maintaining a sterile technique.
- Assists with patient workflow by transporting patients as needed.
- Performs point – of – care laboratory testing as directed per physician’s orders and in compliance with FVC, company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs IV insertion as per physician orders.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Provides regular and effective communication with physicians on an as needed basis.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
- May assist facility management in working with the physicians and staff to verify all necessary instruments and equipment.
- Assists the physician in completing and reporting state required adverse event reports and reporting internally as per FVC/FMC policy and procedure.
- Operates appropriate facility equipment and technology, including but not limited to, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices, sterilizers and computers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspects operation of all facility equipment and reports malfunctions, and maintenance needs to ensure the safe and effective operation of all vascular access equipment.
- Inspects operation of all facility operating systems, including temperature checks in appropriate areas and physical structure of the facility and reports any issues to the Facility Manager.
- Ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the vascular access facility at all times.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to the FVC/FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Assists with efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the FVC/FMS formularies.
- May assist in the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures related to the facility to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attending meetings as required.
- Assists with maintaining medication supply, including inventory control, checking for expired medications, and ensuring appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Completes usage logs for all medications with appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal in accordance with local, state, and federal law.
- Assists with maintaining facility supply inventory, including ordering and restocking of supplies as needed.
- Examines emergency equipment and supplies, including stocking of the crash cart on a regular basis.
- Completes medical records in an accurate manner in compliance with FVC policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient. Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
- May participate in facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Completes state required records for all implanted devices in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with FVC/FMS records management guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings, training and orientation as assigned.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient information and medical records.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.