PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for meeting quality/safety/compliance, service, management, and financial objectives for the Distribution Operations and Materials Management functions (production planning, resupply, and international logistics); more generally, Supply Chain Management. Oversees network of 62+ facilities (distribution centers and cross-docks), 900+ tractors/trailers, and 1,100+ line/staff workers. Ensures the operation meets all FDA, BOP, OSHA, DOT, and compliance guidelines.
Manages a supply chain budget. From a service perspective, oversees the processing and delivery of product to more than 28,000 clinics, hospitals, and home patients. Interacts heavily with all corporate departments and outside suppliers/consultants in determining long-term strategy for the department and making daily tactical decisions. Supports sales in generating new business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides strategic leadership of overall objectives through the application of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to effect positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business units.
Responsible for all P&L activities for all distribution centers and cross dock yearly budgets.
Responsible for maintaining and managing warehouse utilization capacity below critical limits.
Report to the senior executive team on a yearly basis the 15 year DC network strategy.
Ensure to work closely with global supply chain executives to vet through savings and efficiency programs.
Establish and achieves inventory management targets, including inventory value, days on hand, and inventory turns.
Maintains a robust quality and EH&S strategy within the distribution network.
Responsible for keeping a viable operating agreement with our preferred carrier to minimize lane rates and increase the number of assets used in our Fresenius network.
Responsible for keeping our DOT rating at a satisfactory rating at all times.
Maintain compliance with our power units and trailers in the entire network to minimize repair and maintenance.
Responsible for always communicating business critical decisions and information upstream in the organization.
Responsible to rectify any financial shortfalls and communicating proactively to SC and RTG finance.
Ensure service level is maintained at 99% or above.
Ensure our assets (trucks and trailers) are managed to an optimal level. Power unit ratio managed at 1.05, and the trailer ratio managed at 1.20.
Ensure that KPI's and Scorecards are maintained and communicated on a monthly basis with action items for continuous improvement.
Responsible to maintaining warehouse temperature control in all DC's.
Responsible for complying with all label claims and utilizing temperature controlled trailers when required.
Responsible for meeting quality/safety/compliance, service, management, and financial objectives for Supply Chain Management which includes the Distribution Operations and Materials Management functions.
Leads operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business units.
Directs and oversees the broad activities of the business units through the interpretation, application, and implementation of company-wide policies and procedures relevant to the assigned functional areas.
Lives up to the GMQ NA Values and ensures that direct and indirect reports do the same.
Plays key role in the development and implementation of an integrated supply chain strategy and new distribution models.
Supports renal drug growth initiatives through superior distribution execution with appropriate licenses.
Ensures safety training and compliance for the department.
Interacts with all organizational levels to manage the business, having strong interactions with SVPs, Presidents, and possibly the CEO. Represents the organization to external customers; regularly interacting with executives and major customers.
Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching to all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee relations issues. Provides technical guidance.
Develops direct reports into true operational managers with full P&L responsibility.
Collaborates with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
Follows Company Values: Honesty & Integrity, Quality, Respect & Dignity, Innovation & Improvement, Teamwork & Safety which are the guiding principles of employee behavior at FMCNA.
Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office, warehouse, and manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business (B.S. or B.A.) required; Master of Business Administration Degree (M.B.A.) preferred.
- Institute for Supply Management Certification preferred; Association for Operations Management Certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant supply chain and procurement experience; 5+ years of experience internal senior management role or 10+ years external experience in senior management level role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of inventory software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- Reference ComplianceWire Curriculum.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs