Supervisor Quality Control (Incoming Inspection)Apply Now Current Employee? Job ID 17000R6O
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Develops, implements and maintains the activities of quality control systems. Oversees development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Ensures finished products conform to government and company standards and satisfy good manufacturing practices regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the Quality Control team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Prepares and writes routine protocols and reports for Quality Control per regulatory requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Writes, reviews and revises Quality Control standard operating procedures and analytical test methods. Compiles data of test methods and procedures. Train staff on procedure in areas of accountability.
- Monitors daily operations of a unit or sub-unit. A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
- Reviews data obtained and documentation for compliance to specifications.
- Reviews and updates quality control, inspection and testing SOP’s as necessary.
- Manage and own audit findings associated with areas of responsibility.
- Manage and own CAPA activities, propose effective CAPAs for investigations and deviations.
- Makes recommendations for corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality specifications.
- May be asked to pass a color vision screen.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to carry 50 lbs. with assistance.
Occasional travel required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Quality Control staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a senior individual contributor role; or 1 – 3 years’ experience as a Supervisor.
- Experience with inspection and/or auditing.
- Technical knowledge of industrial repair, manufacturing and remanufacturing and testing practices.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to enforce accountability to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity