Supervisor II, Production (3rd Shift)Apply Now Current Employee? Job ID 17000SR7
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for supervising the daily operations of several manufacturing departments to ensure the implementation of the manufacturing strategic goals. Responsible for meeting business objectives (schedules, performance, quality, etc.) via timely and effective work assignment, resource planning, issues resolution, overtime management, daily WIP analysis, management of production rates, quality assurance, systems accuracy, manufacturing performance reports. Provides leadership and motivate employees, ensure proper training and cross training, coaching and performance appraisals. Champions ongoing lean and continuous improvement change efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks, and maintaining schedules.
- Provides direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provides direction to employees, according to established policies, procedures and management guidance. Supervises day-to-day operations of employees. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Administers company policies, processes, and procedures that directly affect subordinate employees and the workflow unit. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Decisions impact work unit operations; usually limited to “how to” execute within defined processes.
- Frequently interacts internally with subordinates and other supervisors and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules and basic problem resolution.
- External interaction is typically with suppliers, vendors, and/or customers. May work with external companies or vendors to resolve routine problems and/or facilitate work flow.
- Drives improvement and change by executing on key business initiatives, promoting employee engagement, and acting as a continuous improvement leader.
- Promotes a patient first quality culture with production team members.
- Executes projects to improve efficiency and yields.
- Acts as Back-up Production Manager, when he/she is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Extended periods of time doing computer-based work.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of production staff (i.e. assemblers and technicians).
Bachelor’s Degree required, highly preferred in Engineering, Science or Technology
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of related experience in a Senior/Lead level role; 1 – 3 years of experience as a supervisor (external hire) preferred.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the patient centered quality system.
- Excellent computer skills required including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in regulated environment highly preferred
- Excellent Communication/Presentation Skills, solid reporting writing skills
- Knowledgeable in SAP, GDP, Production Scheduling, PQTS, ComplianceWire and basic computer operations Microsoft excel Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must have knowledge of the Fresenius product line.
- Reads written job procedures and write required test results.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator verbal and written.
- Experience in production planning.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Hemodialysis (HD) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)
- Achieves daily, weekly, and monthly production plans, identify and drive projects to improve key business metrics.
- Delivers on cost and budget objectives.
- Supervises, leads, coaches a group of 30+ production team members; develop personal improvement strategies.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups (i.e. engineering, purchasing, quality, and R&D) in order to develop and communicate departmental goals that will achieve business objectives.
- Investigates root cause of non-conformances, identify and execute corrective actions by expected completion date.
- Encourages involvement and provide communication on key business initiatives (i.e. Lean, Root Cause Analysis, and Six Sigma)
- Promotes, monitors, and ensures a safe work environment and adhere to all safety policies.
- Executes production plans: DWOR, MWOR and Master Schedule.
- Monitors/orders tools as needed for the various jobs and maintains strict compliance with calibration schedule.
- Creates and establishes Key Performance Indicators for Efficiency, Yields, Scrap, Cycle Times and Quality.
- Responsible to support and monitor employees to ensure adherence and compliance to company programs, processes, policies, procedures and department work rules related to quality, labor laws and safety including GMP, QSR, OSHA.
- Responsible for executing best practices on production floor during FDA, TUV or other inspections.
- Executes production line layout development (staffing, level loading, Kanban etc.) for new programs and improvement projects.
- Maintains in line visual metrics for productivity. Maintains core metric board for productivity, quality indicators, safety, and employee engagement.
- Assures that the proper trainings are executed and documented as per policies and procedures.