QC Inspector I (Ist Shift)Apply Now Current Employee? Job ID 17000STS
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for performing product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Perform daily visual inspection of material/parts for proper identification according to company procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision, reads and interprets prints and specifications for inspection of parts using standard physical, mechanical, and/or electrical measurements.
- Basic understanding of inspection techniques, and basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgement is required.
- Follow written inspection procedures for dimensional, electrical and visual characteristics.
- Accurately document the results of inspections and testing; evaluate data; and accept or reject parts in accordance with company procedures and customer requirements
- Select sample lots per approved Acceptable Quality Level (AQL).
- Accept or reject materials / product inspected, based on conformance to acceptance criteria.
- Identify and control nonconforming material and defective products by segregation or product identification.
- Routinely create inspection reports for incoming and production floor rejects for MRB disposition.
- Conduct first article inspections.
- Use of standard measuring equipment.
- Monitor calibration requirements of tools and equipment.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending, carrying, kneeling, vision, hearing, sitting, maneuvering, pushing, and pulling, reaching, standing, stooping and walking.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. with assistance.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 1 year’s related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of inspecting Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assemblies.
- Must pass a color vision screen.
- Must be able to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with facilities operations.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity