Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionColumbus, Indiana Job ID R0055387
- No previous dialysis experience required, will train!
- Clinic is open Monday-Saturday
- Rotating shifts/days
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient's future-as well as your own.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families, and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds-the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization-for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for assigned patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care. Responsible for reporting and documenting all new or unusual incidents, information, complaints, or problems to the supervisor. Promotes and assists in the maintenance of a sage and clean work environment.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direct patient care for assigned patient(s).
- Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures for assigned patients as prescribed. Administer and monitor treatments in accordance with current treatment plan or as directed by the supervisor.
- Monitor and document dialysis treatment parameters on dialysis flow sheets. Document other information related to the care of the patient in the individual patient record.
- Responsible for reporting any significant information, change in patient condition, or equipment problems to the supervisor.
- Assist in developing and following the teaching plan to educate the patient and family regarding end stage renal disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medications.
- Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
- Administer intravenous medication in accordance with physician orders and state nurse practice laws.
- Perform and document pre, interim, and post treatment review of patient condition.
- Initiate basic CPR measures in the event of cardiac and/or pulmonary arrest, and respond to emergency situations related to dialysis treatment.
- Safely operate all dialysis related equipment according to the proper procedures.
- Provide minor troubleshooting when necessary.
- Ensure a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the dialysis facility treatment area.
- Ensure all blood spills are immediately addressed according to FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Operate all emergency equipment effectively in accordance to the standard operation procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in short term and long term patient care plan meetings.
- Acquire information and knowledge in current practice related to dialysis principals and technique by participating in scheduled in-service classes.
- Act as a resource person for other staff members. Assist with the coordination of the care plan with Physician, Dietitian and Social Worker.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing (LPN, LVN)
- Current appropriate State licensure.
- One year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Hemodialysis experience preferred but not required.
- ICU experience preferred but not required.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Must complete the Nurses Technical Training Program upon hire or soon thereafter.
- Ability to provide coverage at area facilities during times of short-staffing or as required.
- Employees must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.