Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionCharlotte, North Carolina Job ID R0035444
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Works with the Facility Manager, facility staff and physician to coordinate the facility operations and patient procedures to ensure provision of quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance with policies, procedures and training. Provides nursing support to patients and staff. Assists with staffing, staff training, equipment, physician and patient relations, cost containment, supply management, medical records, patient billing, OSHA and all company, state and federal compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing quality goals and develops facility specific action plans to achieve quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the quality goals, by working with management to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists with implementing appropriate training according to policy; ensure ongoing compliance with all risk management initiatives.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
- Ensures all Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by the facility staff.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity, including safety.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate staff members, from admission through discharge.
- May confer with patients prior to the procedure to obtain necessary medical history, discuss procedure and answer questions, as well as, performs nursing assessment on the day of the procedure.
- Ensures patients and patient's families are educated regarding post procedure care of vascular access.
- Acts as a resource for the staff to address patient concerns and questions.
- Ensures patient's procedures are scheduled in a timely manner and the facility capacity is utilized efficiently.
- As needed, assist with patient workflow, including providing direct patient care and monitoring pre, intra and post procedure.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to the Facility Manager.
- Oversees and ensures accurate and complete documentation of patient treatments from admission to discharge.
- Confirms written orders, consents and lab work are completed and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes appropriate preparation of lab requisitions, delivery to appropriate labs, reporting and forwarding of lab results to appropriate physician.
- Assumes primary responsibility in an emergency situation and must maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures, and initiate CPR and emergency measures as needed.
- Administers medications and IV conscious sedation to patients as directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with, company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensures regular and effective communication with all physicians on an as needed basis.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
- Works with the physicians and staff to ensure possession of all necessary instruments and equipment.
- Ensures appropriate operation of facility equipment and technology, including but not limited, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
- Ensures the inspection of all facility equipment on a regular basis. Report any malfunctions or maintenance issues immediately.
- Ensures the inspection of all facility operating systems, including temperature checks in appropriate areas and inspect the physical structure of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the entire vascular access facility at all times.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to company Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Participates in cost control initiatives. Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the formularies.
- Assists in the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures for the facility as directed to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Initiates, documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attend meetings as required.
- Manages medications, including ordering, receiving, and inventory control and checking for expired medications, including appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Oversees maintenance of usage logs for all medications with appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal. Communicates with the pharmacist to assure medication accuracy, including appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient. Performs chart audits on a regular basis.
- Along with Facility Manager, coordinates the annual medical testing and competency testing for all facility staff.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Verifies records for all implanted devices are completed accurately, timely and maintained according to records management guidelines.
- Coordinates the collection and forwarding of all vendor invoices to the accounting department.
- Acts as the Facility Manager in the absence of the manager or at the direction of management.
- Ensure nurses' progress notes are accurate and complete.
- Acts as the Patient Safety Officer and conducts quarterly patient safety meetings and fire drills.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient information and medical records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of direct patient care staff.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Advanced Degree desirable
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.).
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 - 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience in an Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU experience.
- Minimum of three years of Interventional Radiology, scrub experience preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience within a medical or vascular access environment preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. Experience with Medical database software.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership and supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR certification
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.