Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Software Development Engineer, Fresenius USA, Inc., a Fresenius Medical Care N.A. company, Concord, CA
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, testing, and debugging software applications and systems for software enhancements and new products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Author software technical documents such as Software Requirement Specification, Software Detail Design, Software Architecture, Integration and Verification Plan, etc.
- Create and analyze software requirement documents and follow appropriate software development process.
- Architect and design customized software applications for use with business processes and in connection with medical devices and systems.
- Integrate software units completed by other Engineers into the system.
- Debugging and testing software.
- Participate in agile sprints, stand-ups, grooming and retrospectives
- Participate in code reviews and other related design reviews.
- Design and develop GUI applications and applications that operate on embedded microprocessors.
- Conduct regular design reviews to achieve cross-functional input and support, beginning in the concept stage of assigned projects.
- Participate in developing software risk analysis and FMEA.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Software Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field and 3 years of software development experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Software Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field and 1 year of software development experience.
Experience, which may have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above, must include 1 year of experience:
- Taking designs from concept, to requirements, to code, to test, to production implementation.
- Designing and developing embedded software solutions using C/C++.
- Designing and developing test procedures, including creating and executing test plans, test scripts, test automation, and test report generation.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documents pertaining to software development.
- Debugging and testing software using software and hardware tools including: JTAG firmware debugger, Microsoft IDE debugger, hardware debugger such as Oscilloscope, Volt Meter, and CAN Analyzer.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs