Fresenius Medical Care nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing dialysis care to 10-12 patients at any given time, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each one of them. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior dialysis nursing experience is helpful, but many successful candidates come from a background in ICU, PCU and/or surgery.
Job DescriptionBullhead City, Arizona Job ID R0030978
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission,vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including followingall regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Functions as the hemodialysis team leader in the provisionof chronic hemodialysis care and treatment. Provides day to day direction and supervision to assigneddirect patient care staff. Communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans. Provides safe, effective delivery of patient care in compliance with standards outlinedin the facility procedure manual, as well as regulations set forth by the company, state, and federal agencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to direct patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation. Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to Facility Administrator and initiate as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all company and facility approved procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies.
- Approve or disapprove time or personnel schedule changes in the absence on the Facility Administrator ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures for documenting time of work hours for staff members on assigned shift.
- Participate in patient care plan meetings.
- Maintain knowledge in the current practices related to the principles and techniques of dialysis by participating in all scheduled in- services.
- Train and orient staff as necessary.
- Routinely observe and guide direct patient care staff for appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and procedures.
- Promote and assist with compliance to OSHA programs in order to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective matter.
- With Facility Administrator conduct staff meetings at least monthly or as needed to keep patient care staff informed of changes in patient care needs or operations to improve delivery of care.
- Meet routinely with the Facility Administrator to discuss personnel and patient care status, issues, and information.
- Supervise all documentation of patient information.
- Coordinate Charge Nurse duties with Staff RNs acting in the relief charge capacity.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments appropriately.
- Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation.
- Assess patient needs, respond to dialysis treatments, and communicate concerns to rounding physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as directed.
- Monitor and supervise all patient care activity during dialysis and assist as necessary.
- Collaborate with direct patient care team in making decisions to benefit patient care.
- Continuously monitor patient's condition with regards to problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physician's orders.
- Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff members.
- Supervise and participate in completion of short and long term care plans.
- Admit new patients according to facility procedure.
- Ensure educational needs of patients are met and educate the patient and family about End Stage Renal Disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medication.
- Supervise the safe and effective use of all equipment involved in direct patient care.
- Operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and efficiently when needed.
- Perform required testing and verification and initial the checklist for start-up and shut-down procedures as outlined in the Technical Services Manual.
- Complete Nurse's Technical Training Program/Water Quality Facility
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by the Facility Administrator
- Assist with the interviewing of potential direct patient care staff
- Promote efficient use of medical supplies.
- Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assurance meetings.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
Direct Patient Care Staff, Ward Clerk as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (R.N.)
- Must be registered and licensed to practice in the applicable State.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 9 months of nursing experience, plus 3 months of specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
- Medical/surgical nursing preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR certification.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Relationship Expertise
You have to be able to count on your co-workers to help you, and I see this here every day. Everybody works together, which is better for the patients.Carol B., Registered Nurse
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- RN Tuition Assistance Program
- Clinical Advancement Program (four practice tiers for RNs to advance your career)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.