PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Acts as a serving leader to direct, administer and oversee the day to day operations and activities of dialysis facilities and programs within a specified and potentially changing geographic proximity. The scope includes, but is not limited to, chronic in-center clinics and home therapy programs, in an assigned area ensuring compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures, to provide high quality dialysis service and superior patient care to the community. Participates in the implementation of divisional and company initiatives and strategies. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of area, while ensuring compliance with all pertinent company policies and regulatory requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful and collaborative techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organization structure within the designated facilities/programs.
- Acts as a serving leader to oversee the dialysis business of assigned facilities and programs within a defined area through effective leadership and management of quality patient care, customer relations, marketing and responsible fiscal management. Coordinates operational strategies and activities to ensure the provision of superior quality patient care and dialysis service while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Leads the development of area strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division’s and company’s goals and objectives. Implements facility, program and area specific quality goals and action plans in order to achieve company quality standards.
- Provides leadership support and guidance to facility/program management including clinical and home therapy managers and other support staff. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Mentors, guides, supports and provides subject matter expertise to direct supervisory reports with region.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education according to company policies and procedures including ongoing compliance training.
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to ensure the growth of all modalities.
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process and high level of engagement between all managers and staff within the area and clinics, and across the division as needed by leading communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of communications to direct patient care and support within the area.
- Participates in all pertinent training and development opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, and skills and leadership competencies.
- Maintains continual presence in facilities and programs within assigned area and accessibility to staff and patients.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the Medical Directors, Medical Advisory Board members, and referring physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong Medical Director and physician relationships.
- Presides over facility Governing Body.
- Responsible for addressing and acting upon adverse event and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with management to develop clinical and program budgets, monitoring performance to ensure optimal, efficient and effective operations practices with regulatory and company guidelines.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of assigned clinics, programs and areas including optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Works closely with Managed Care resources to increase the payor mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manages the payroll and oversees facility expenses and accounts payable for the assigned programs and ensures cost containment strategies are practiced.
- Reviews the balance sheet and income statements regarding revenue growth and commercial payer mix on a frequents basis to understand the status of the business.
- Determines impact of proposed changes and identified improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive effect.
- Accountable for implementing and driving the Staffing, ScheduleWise and other business initiatives including the prompt implementation of corrective action plans for clinics/programs with below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with clinic operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives. Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business plan and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area with management and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives responding to current status and conditions. Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient care within the assigned area.
- Collaborates with the operations management team to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Works with clinical and program managers to synergize and drive patients to move to Home where applicable while balancing the needs for incenter/home programs and creating a collaborate approach.
- Responsible and accountable for facility/program maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and water systems within designated area.
- Maintains Administrative policy and procedure manuals.
- Oversees Privacy and Security compliance according to company Risk Management and Compliance requirements.
- Prepares reports and audits current procedures and processes to monitor efficiency of operations.
- Practices risk management strategies and collaborates with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal issues with goal of reducing company exposure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility, staff and physicians. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly travels between locations primarily during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Manages subordinate supervisors and/or predominately exempt staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of business operations management and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Strong Business Acumen; multiple modality exposure a plus
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs