This position is located at Medfinity Health.
1305 Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As the Medical Records Coordinator this position coordinates scheduling pre-procedure communication medical record documents EMR demographic data entry requirements for payers and Revenue Cycle greets patients and answers multi-line telephone and fax.
- Assemble file and maintain patient medical records and financial records in a confidential and secure manner
- Performs Insurance Verification process and completes all required processes for prior authorizations or other actions required by payor.
- Communicate all changes about procedure and insurance which is identified during patient visit to appropriate internal parties and directly to the patient record immediately.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart and admissionsdatainaccordancewithFMCNApolicies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy when scanning and filing documents and completes within 24 hours of completed visit including physician reports to referral sources.
- Complete front-end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Assures documentation of logs of medical record release.
- Facilitates the admission process by professionally greeting all patients and visitors and obtain patient identification and insurance information to initiate admissions process.
- Perform daily encounter checks to assure reporting accuracy. – what is this?
- Coordinates collection processing maintenance storage retrieval documentation and distribution of medical records per policy and procedure.
- Provides information to parties engaged in research or study projects involving patient care and utilization of services in accordance with policy.
- Oversees the materials going in and out of the office including inventory shipments and deliveries.
- Schedule and input all appointments scheduling module in a timely and efficient manner. Assure all pre-procedure/preoperative activities are scheduled or completed. Manages patient cancellations center cancellations (e.g. equipment issues) and additions to schedule in accordance to center scheduling parameters. Printpatientscheduleandpullpatientchartsdaily
- Otherdutiesas assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Day to day work includes desk and computer work and interaction with patients facility staff and physicians.
- Be able to work efficiently in a high paced working environment with the ability to multi-task.
High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience Associate Degree or higher preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Ability to adapt to supporting software applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs