Available Openings 3
Position Specific InformationREQUIRED: This is an overnight role with availability being 7 days a week, four 10 hour shifts starting at 6:00 PM- 4:30 PM CST.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The CSO Office Nurse Coordinator promotes quality member care, ongoing clinical problem solving, and customer support for Fresenius Health Partners (FHP) Care Navigation population by providing guidance, support, care coordination, education, and other functions to assist in addressing members’ needs. The CSO Office Nurse Coordinator provides support to members, providers, clinical staff, and other stakeholders through telephonic interaction only.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts within state’s RN Scope of Practice in all situations.
- Utilizes nursing knowledge and judgment, data analysis, time management skills, review of medical information, collaboration with clinical and non-clinical members of the healthcare team, and knowledge of CNU processes to develop and facilitate coordination of care for FHP-assigned members via providing telephonic support.
- Utilizes good documentation practices to accurately document interactions with members, members’ health records, caregivers, and other stakeholders.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques to influence members to engage in their own care.
- Builds collaborative, productive relationships with teammates, members, and other stakeholders.
- Multitasks efficiently to meet multiple task outcomes in a timely manner.
- Self-manages work time to ensure completion of assigned work during scheduled shifts.
- Adheres to scheduled shifts, being “in your seat” at scheduled time and prepared to begin work. Communicate proactively to direct supervisor any deviations from scheduled shifts.
- Maintains current and accurate nursing knowledge and best practice guidelines, including specifics regarding chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease.
- Evaluates program processes and makes recommendations to management that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
- Maintains the integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Complies with all departmental required data collection and auditing activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and project-based work as instructed by direct supervisor.
Improves job-related capabilities through continuing education, professional seminars, and technical workshops
- Collaborates with providers and dialysis clinics to identify and mitigate hospitalization and mortality risk for members.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position requires being at a desk and on the telephone for extended periods of time.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Active, unrestricted, compact-state RN license required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1+ years’ bedside nursing experience required. Dialysis nursing experience preferred but not required.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate via telephonic interaction with both clinical and non-clinical team members to facilitate desired care coordination outcome.
- Well-developed motivational interviewing techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications.
- Proven ability to be a team player.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs