Director, Information TechnologyApply Now Current Employee? Job ID 18000BY1 Available Openings 1
Develop and execute technology strategies, policies and procedures. Successfully implement technology-based systems to carry out the Company’s mission, strategic goals, and business plan. Provide expertise in a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures while providing leadership and management of direct reports from diverse Information Technology fields and business partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of current technology in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business units.
- Convey highly complex ideas, issues and designs. Facilitate the successful execution of the strategic vision. Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive technical services strategy. Communicate with senior management on project status.
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business units through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional areas.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge in individual departments, and strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Evaluate and recommend information systems strategies to members of management.
- Review and recommend priorities for new applications, application changes/enhancements, including technology recommendations.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers and staff in the design, development, maintenance, and enhancements of business applications and related technologies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and training of business users, and operational control and security of all local and remote users.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on all department systems analysis and programming activities.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Provide direct formal supervision to department staff establishing mutual goals and expectations at the beginning of the appraisal year, providing continual informal performance feedback during the year as well as being responsible for the formal annual performance appraisal process for the employees. Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, firing, and disciplinary action for the department staff.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.